KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

Riding my bike today and someone pointed out that my chain was rubbing on my bike tyre which i hadn't noticed before. Was wondering what can I do for a bigger clearance but I was thinking it could be down to the tyre width?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just checked on the internet and apparently thats the correct size so could it be alignment issues?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be alignment or a fat tyre. Not all 160 tyres are the same installed width.
I'll check the alignment in the morning but if not do you think I should shave it?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
330 Posts
Michelin pilot 3
oh, i read someone on SMJ had a similar problem with a dunlop tyre. some tyres do just have a different installed width as mentioned above.

i personally wouldnt be too happy with it rubbing, depending on how severe it is.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh, i read someone on SMJ had a similar problem with a dunlop tyre. some tyres do just have a different installed width as mentioned above.

i personally wouldnt be too happy with it rubbing, depending on how severe it is.
I know it's actually wearing the rivers on my chain. Do you think I can shave the tyre?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also would suggest as other have done.. To check your alignment again, post chain tension adjustment..
I think I'll check It again in the morning then

·
Premium Member
31,399 Posts
You could move the rim across a bit by adjusting the spokes.

I did some measuring of tyres years ago....gives you an idea of just how much the installed width varies

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You could move the rim across a bit by adjusting the spokes.

I did some measuring of tyres years ago....gives you an idea of just how much the installed width varies
Thanks for the chart. My wheels are magnesium aswell

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i had a few different tyres on my 690 and they were never anywhere near the tyre?
just a thought, are the rear wheel spacers different for each side? could they have got mixed up at some point?
if not id say you have a problem somewhere, hopefully alignment, but it would have to be a fair way off?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts