KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had......

Guys, I am one really pi**ed off person here.
Yep, I got my bike, one reason I haven't spent much time on my pc is because I just had to ride it every day and night.
What an awesome bike.
I did about 200 miles on it then changed the ECU to the number 2 setting.
Seemed to me to go much better. It would pull up on the back wheel without slipping the clutch at all.
But last Saturday night........It got nicked.
Well gutted.
I had it chained to an iron pillar with a cobalt/molybdenum chain, virtually uncrushable or cuttable. I tested it myself with a 4 foot pair of croppers and it didn't touch it.
However....apparently, it's shear strength isn't as good as the hydraulic chain breakers that the thieves must have used.
They left a few pieces on the floor.
I didn't even get any pictures of it.
So, please a lesson to everyone....Get an alarm or tracker fitted before yours gets nicked.
Chains ain't no good anymore.
My bike was a white KTM 690 SMC.
270 miles, Akropovic exhaust,
small number plate on rear (probably swapped by now)
I am so pissed off it's untrue.
Oh well, shit really does happen!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not good for you! A tracker is probably the only real hope. Not many people take any notice of alarms going off unfortunately, and the thieving scrotes willl just carry on and bung it in a back of a van with the alarm wailing away anyway. Doubt you'll see it again,hopefuly your insurance Co. will deal with it all nice and smoothly for you.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Gutted for you bud, reading that brought back all the rage from when mine went.... if these shit-bag theives put as much effort into working as they do nicking.... fingers crossed your insurance comes good and that the people that stole it get what they really deserve...

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Sorry to hear that fella :( As already said, I hope your insurance claim is a smooth one and you get yourself a new SMC and enjoy it as much as the last.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for you thoughts....
The insurance company seem fine at the moment, but I obviously have to wait a while in case it turns up somewhere.
No doubt though whatsoever, I will definately get another 690 smc.
It took at least 20 years off me and my grin was so wide, it nearly stretched my crash helmet.
Regards.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
That sucks mate.
If its any comfort, any thieves well-equipped enough to go through a tough chain (brand?) would probably have dealt with any alarm/tracker too....

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
That sucks mate.
If its any comfort, any thieves well-equipped enough to go through a tough chain (brand?) would probably have dealt with any alarm/tracker too....

Not if the tracker was well hidden. I have one of those Road Angel Bike Trac devices, very discrete, easily hidden, boring looking box and just 3 wires to connect. Can send a text if the bike leaves a ring fence or movement. Can track journeys or be asked where it is.

Cheap too, only £7.99 a month, no further monitoring charges :)

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Not if the tracker was well hidden. I have one of those Road Angel Bike Trac devices, very discrete, easily hidden, boring looking box and just 3 wires to connect. Can send a text if the bike leaves a ring fence or movement. Can track journeys or be asked where it is.

Cheap too, only £7.99 a month, no further monitoring charges :)
Interesting.

RF Beacon for localised detection, 433Mhz/868Mhz
Do you know how the RF detection/finder works?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts