KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else changed the switchgear on there SE ?

I have just swapped mine for one off a supermoto unfortunately its not as simple as you would imagine but it can be done :)

The main reason for doing this was i found it quite difficult to work the indicators on the SE switchgear.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Indicators are ok. But kill switch and horn are a bit difficult to get to in a hurry! Also the fact that the lights go off briefly between low and hi can be a bit disconcerting when riding at night... esp when youre struggling to see already...

Do you have pics of the results?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First thing i noticed when the supermoto switch gear turned up was that it had only 1 connection block with 9 wire's where as the SE item had 2 connection blocks with 9 wire's but only a few of the colours seemed to match, I had to play around till i found out what wire worked what then i had to replace the SM block with the 2 SE blocks making sure the wires work the right thing eg High beam, Low beam, Horn etc.

Unfortunately you lose the kill button and you cant turn the lights off, Only select High or Low beam but i will fit a separate kill button like the one fitted to most enduro bikes and i can remove the fuse working the lights when i do any rallies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts