KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Update.

First of all a big thank you to those who have ordered, without your support this would have never gotten off the ground.

I've just had another small batch made up. So now £86 quid. All the anodized orange ones with logo are of the third version, the magnet is 36.54% larger than the Mk1's (now ornaments) and 14% larger than the Mk2's...which a few have and were the used for final testing.

Me SE...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just put a link up on the 950/990 Owners page on Facebook, Charlie. I'll let you know the feedback. Hopefully it'll send some business your way.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Just put a link up on the 950/990 Owners page on Facebook, Charlie. I'll let you know the feedback. Hopefully it'll send some business your way.
Cheers mate, keep me updated with your oil change/filter. I don't get it, or have time and inclination to join up and participate on facewebtweet.

Can you post a link to it though? ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
525 exc

Hi, well got round to fitting the filter cover to my 525EXC and it looks perfect, fits perfect and kicked my arse into doing the oil and filter change that was due..

Cheers mate :D

god knows why they are side on but you get the idea...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hi, well got round to fitting the filter cover to my 525EXC and it looks perfect, fits perfect and kicked my arse into doing the oil and filter change that was due..

Cheers mate :D

god knows why they are side on but you get the idea...
Camera? Cheers.

Good to see others struggle to get the right orange anodising....think mine is pretty close.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Payment sent across Charlie and I have PM'd my address over. Great product and well worth the price considering the R&D and potential upset this could prevent. Look forward to fitting it and will post photos and details on other sites.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mine is now on the 990 and looks the part. I nipped the o-ring when fitting it would appear despite being careful, the issue didnt rear its head until approx 100 Miles later when weeping hot oil all over the back tyre. Luckily managed to stay on and pull over and get some sand in the road. Suprising how much oil comes out despite the bolts being torqued when that O-Ring goes!

Refitted today but this time let the magnet hold the filter and inserted the two together if that makes sense so the filter body kept the cover central, then put the bolts through and slowly tightened it in, second time lucky I hope.

Magnet strength is amazing trying to get the socket on the 8mm bolts is a 2 handed job!

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Mine is now on the 990 and looks the part. I nipped the o-ring when fitting it would appear despite being careful, the issue didnt rear its head until approx 100 Miles later when weeping hot oil all over the back tyre. Luckily managed to stay on and pull over and get some sand in the road. Suprising how much oil comes out despite the bolts being torqued when that O-Ring goes!

Refitted today but this time let the magnet hold the filter and inserted the two together if that makes sense so the filter body kept the cover central, then put the bolts through and slowly tightened it in, second time lucky I hope.

Magnet strength is amazing trying to get the socket on the 8mm bolts is a 2 handed job!
I could have gone stronger. :eek:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just fitted mine to my 690 and it's perfect...Great bit of kit , very well made and looks good on .... And on the plus side I know have somewhere to hang my spanners while working on the bike the cover magnets that strong .....

Good work ..:D

Reactions: charlie264
61 - 80 of 108 Posts