KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Message Charlie and he'll let you know ASAP .... Top man ..

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Hi Charlie - what is the price of these? A few posts back it says £86 and your website says £56 ...... cheers.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Hi Charlie - apologies, l was working on some info l saved a few years back. I have looked and yes, your website is updated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
PD Oiler installation was straightforward enough, just a couple of pointers if anyone's looking to so the same:

The charcoal canister needs to be removed to create the space under the pillion seat and it's simple enough just to connect the in/out pipes together with an in-line connector. Do not forget to remove the cap on the vent pipe though (large pipe near the oil filler) or you'll have petrol vapour under pressure in that pipe...

ACC2 power supply (& ACC1) is under the pillion seat area towards the rear light and you can access these by carefully pulling on the main loom junction which on my bike was cable tied to the subframe brace. ACC2 is only +12v with the ignition on and ACC1 is +12v all the time.

The PD Oiler control unit I've sat as you can see in the pic and I keep the tool kit in there too & there's plenty of space.

The oil feed pipe to the wick from the reservoir I thought about and looked at a few options, but I wanted to keep it away from the header pipe so that meant feeding it along the outside of the chain and on top of the swinging arm. I also figured this was the better option to cross over to the outside of the chain rather than up and round again in front of the swing arm pivot.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The feed tube & wick is cable tied to the swing arm with the wick sat behind the little shark fin chain guard - positioned as per the instructions..

·
Premium Member
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Was you impressed with its pulling power? Whoever said sex doesn't sell, not worked for me yet.....I'm still paying. :hmh:
It's like a bleedin electro magnet with it's power.

Tightening up the bolts, I use a 1/4" socket with short extension and it needed 2 hands to steady it to the bolt head as otherwise it just pulled the socket to the centre of the filter cover - made me chuckle.

It's really nicely made Charlie and super strong..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The feed tube & wick is cable tied to the swing arm with the wick sat behind the little shark fin chain guard - positioned as per the instructions..
I routed mine behind the front sprocket and along the bottom of the swing arm. I used the Sugri mouldable adhesive to stick the pipe in place and it’s worked a treat. I wasn’t that impressed with the wick and replaced it with a Scottoiler twin feed.
I wish I’d seen your post before as I could have shown you my install as the reservoir is tucked in behind the side panel with just the fill tube accessible under the seat. You’ve probably already found out the system takes ages to fill and it’s better to fill the pipe rather than bleed it.

·
Premium Member
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
It's like a bleedin electro magnet with it's power.

Tightening up the bolts, I use a 1/4" socket with short extension and it needed 2 hands to steady it to the bolt head as otherwise it just pulled the socket to the centre of the filter cover - made me chuckle.

It's really nicely made Charlie and super strong..
I'm still debating whether to increase the thickness and use a larger magnet. I cannot go any thinner at the base, well I could but err on the side of caution. But most people have said its powerful enough?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'm still debating whether to increase the thickness and use a larger magnet. I cannot go any thinner at the base, well I could but err on the side of caution. But most people have said its powerful enough?
How much is enough?

If anything metallic goes close to this it's not going any further I'd say..

81 - 100 of 107 Posts