KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
I would rather land on the oem ball shape than your sharp end ..unless you run wrap guards..but then what is the point to cut down the end?

Registered
Why? How does chopping the end do anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Lightnweight 馃檮

Registered
Not sure that鈥檇 pass scrutineering like that. Better to cut the ball off, drill out and araldite back on the stocker at the new required length.

Did you make any mechanical benefit changes to the pull? If not your one finger is not just working harder I reckon.

Get a Far East Engineering lever. That really is one finger and works tidy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why? How does chopping the end do anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stops the knurled edge hitting your middle finger during one finger operation 馃憤 I run EE wrap around so not too concerned about the safety aspect, its filed up nicely.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure that鈥檇 pass scrutineering like that. Better to cut the ball off, drill out and araldite back on the stocker at the new required length.

Did you make any mechanical benefit changes to the pull? If not your one finger is not just working harder I reckon.

Get a Far East Engineering lever. That really is one finger and works tidy.
To be honest as a average joe sportsman my bike has never been checked over before racing, or maybe its one of those things that if it was spotted it would become a problem. Not what you want after forking out entry fee?

The trouble with the aftermarket shorty levers is they alter the clutch engagement point to much further in towards the bar so you have to work the clutch lever harder to get the same engagement as stock.

I guess I am just really fussy with the clutch lever much more than most. In technical riding I find it really annoying having to use 2 fingers on the clutch 馃槅

Registered
I generally only use one finger on the clutch and I use stockers... And I'm only interested in technical riding.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a solution to a non existent problem.
Come on, if it wasn't a problem would a whole host of aftermarket one finger clutch levers be available to buy? Perhaps you are not quite at the riding level where you realise its a problem? 馃槈 馃憤

Registered
After 40 odd years of riding and competition at all levels I've seen all kinds of cockeyed tweaks and "hot new ideas", I can assure you.

And I have learnt the difference between useful modifications and faffing about damaging perfectly good and expensive parts.

Premium Member
Having broken the two smallest fingers trapped between the lever and the bar when I hit a tree I can see the advantage. The wrap around handguard didn鈥檛 stay in position.

Premium Member
Don鈥檛 like the idea of no ball on the end though.
Moving the clutch perch further from the grip brings the finger nearer the lever end.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts