KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the one finger clutch?
got problems with my hands and grip so thinking about one.

·
Premium Member
7,914 Posts
Not personally, no, but l think that the Aussie 'cross training' bloke uses one and did a video/youtube piece on them - worth a look.

·
Premium Member
7,914 Posts
Do a search on here - it looks like 90+% good reports with the remainder being some faults, set up / adjustment issues and poor manufacfurer communication. Nothing in the last couple of years to demonstrate longevity. It would appear from my quick look (as l am also semi interested) that aus price is equal to an oem ktm clutch master, although the uk agents price equates to that plus all of the import etc costs and then a bit more on top. The uk agent can offer spares by the looks od it. S/H might be a better option cost wise.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Is the clutch different on a 125/150? I have only ever used one finger on my own 150s. Other 125s or 150s I’ve tried are also the same. Might be easier to fit an MC off one? This way everything stays stock and easy to get bits for.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bought one in 2017 just because I like gadgets. it was a brilliant bit of kit and after initial setup was flawless for the 6 months I had it. I took it off when I sold the bike it was on, the new bike had a much lighter clutch so never used it again and put it on eBay.

definitely recommend it however replacement parts don’t (or didn’t) exist in the U.K. so you’ll be waiting a long time if you crash and damage it.

·
Premium Member
7,914 Posts
In answer to Pindie - Good point, but l dont know the answer to that. (After l recently destroyed my 10mm mc, l bought a 9mm as recomended by eurotec, as it apparantly gives a softer action. I have fitted it but not used it yet as wrists still jipp.)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well there you go. Easy spares. (y)

you wouldn’t want to be using them much though would you!! ££££££££

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is the clutch different on a 125/150? I have only ever used one finger on my own 150s. Other 125s or 150s I’ve tried are also the same. Might be easier to fit an MC off one? This way everything stays stock and easy to get bits for.
Not sure what bike Andy is fitting this to but in crude terms the more torque an engine produces the heavier the clutch will be. Obviously there is slightly more to this eg surface area, drive ratio, drum diameter etc. But a 125/150 should have a really light action because there is very little torque to control whereas a 450 for example as stock won't have a clutch action that is as light even if you fit a 125 master cylinder.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I’ve had the Clake 2 on my last two bikes over 4or 5 years (swapped it from one to the other) . The principle is the same as the one, only with an added brake lever for the rear brake. I wont lie they are a cunt to set up and bleed properly,but once dialled in they are a fantastic bit of kit. The ability to adjust the bite point(and in the case of the 2,the clutch/brake overlap) using the different profile cams is a clever innovation. Spares were a problem as dealing with the factory can be hit and miss as Owen the main man down there isnt hot on comms, However that seems to have been ironed out since Brad at the UK distributor answers emails within hours and is good with advice. My advice would be to find someone thats got one and give it a try,as its a big investment only to find it makes no difference to your riding.
If you get one ,they arent a fit and forget item, they do need regular maintenance ,cleaning out and lubing as the bearings and cams are susceptible to water and crud ingress

Reactions: Ship

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes the piston in the 125/150 mc is smaller than in the bigger bikes, I think its 9mm vs 10. It makes a noticeable difference

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All good feedback cheers guys. I have done research via YouTube and as you would expect very mixed results.
ill have a chat with the U.K. importer.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I fitted a 9mm cylinder to my TPI after I broke the original 10mm. Been doing a lot of slow tech. riding recently and only use one finger, no probs.

Reactions: szwajni and Pindie

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
I installed a Clake on a friends bike. It was the worst piece of shit to bleed. Nearly got a heart attack but finally managed to get all air out. Once it worked it was incredibly light to pull and worked a treat. Can't afford one but it is on the wish list since a while.

Reactions: mick. and Ship
1 - 20 of 33 Posts