KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't suppose anyone's got the above have you?? The clutch went on me yesterday, no drive at all, checked all the clutch plates and there was no sign of any wear or discolouration. Called Shep once I got a signal and double checked what I'd done, but still no joy. Swapped the clutch plates around and still nothing :confused:

Anyway some guy pulls up and turns the 32mm nut in the middle with his fingers!! :eek: I managed to tighten it with some grips the guy had and made it to the garage in the next town and borrowed some tools.

In the meantime Shep gets back to me confirming it should be loctited and torqued to 130 Nm :eek:

How the fook its come loose is beyond me.

But long and short is I need the special locking tool which will stop the clutch basket from turning when I tighten it up. Has anyone got one I can borrow please?? :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hi DG

I've still got the tool (looks like a thick clutch plate with tabs on the inside and the outside) I bought when I had probs with the clutch on my 950 a while back. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Laurence

Don't suppose anyone's got the above have you?? The clutch went on me yesterday, no drive at all, checked all the clutch plates and there was no sign of any wear or discolouration. Called Shep once I got a signal and double checked what I'd done, but still no joy. Swapped the clutch plates around and still nothing :confused:

Anyway some guy pulls up and turns the 32mm nut in the middle with his fingers!! :eek: I managed to tighten it with some grips the guy had and made it to the garage in the next town and borrowed some tools.

In the meantime Shep gets back to me confirming it should be loctited and torqued to 130 Nm :eek:

How the fook its come loose is beyond me.

But long and short is I need the special locking tool which will stop the clutch basket from turning when I tighten it up. Has anyone got one I can borrow please?? :D

·
Premium Member
31,545 Posts
I have a universal clutch tool if you fancy a trip to Ripon? Dont come over on the Adv cos I might fancy a ride on it!!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I reckon you and Pete should get race shirts for your next rally enblazoned with the legend...........

'The Clutch Brothers' :D

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I reckon you and Pete should get race shirts for your next rally enblazoned with the legend...........

'The Clutch Brothers' :D
Oh yes ............ between us we almost know what we're doing ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts