KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out the other day and lost my clutch halfway round :mad:

Just had a look and it looks like the clutch fluid is leaking out of the bottom of the slave cylinder. I've taken it off and can't see any cracks but it's definitely coming out from somewhere!

Incidentally the metal has been worn quite a bit by the chain even though there's a clutch saver on it.

Are these repairable or is it time for a new one? Bike is 2010 so it's a Brembo cylinder.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

Just fitted a new slave cylinder and there isn't enough room for the chain to go back on - it won't go round the front sprocket without hitting the slave.
the sprocket is 14 tooth, 80mm diameter.

Anyone got a clue what the problem could be?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The chain hits the circular bit of the slave cylinder - could I be missing a spacer to move the sprocket away from the engine? There isn't any in out play ion the sprocket though.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Sprocket is on backwards by the look of it. The boss should be facing inwards. 14T is the correct size. And its fucked....

Dont forget to put your gear shift bolt back in!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
So then ! Just to get this clear in my head!
The fat side of the sprocket goes towards the engine?

Yes to space it on the shaft and stop it rubbing ......er......... The slave:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.