KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well, I never went away, but I'm back. Last year I sold my KTM SuperDuke 1290 2014 bike. I loved the bike, but I was doing less than a 1000 miles a year....its was crazy. However, I've missed the biking so much, I am now back. I've just purchased a KTM 1290 Adventure S - with a full touring pack and lots of extras.

Whilst this bike will be my hobby and my passion, I won't be afraid to use it. Its not a new bike (its done over 9k miles), so I'm not going to be afraid to use it.

To try and make this adventure bike - more usable over Winter, I am trying to source a set of (used) wheels - which I can keep a set of Winter Tyres on. I've been scouring ebay, but to no avail, so if anybody gets a spare pair of alloys, then please let me know.

Other than that....lets hope 2022 is a better year all round.

Thanks

Max

·
Registered
927 Posts
....welcome back....and ACF the bike, if you do it well (very thin misted coating, best done with a compressor and spray gun)) you won't need another set of wheels, just tyres.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I am trying to source a set of (used) wheels - which I can keep a set of Winter Tyres on. I've been scouring ebay, but to no avail, so if anybody gets a spare pair of alloys, then please let me know.
Why, just fit sporty touring tyres and they will work well all year around, of all the tyres on our 1x90s over the years my favourite are Conti Road Attack 3's - grip well wet or dry, hot or cold.

Another option is to get the accessory spoked wheel set from KTM, about £800 and you can probably negotiate a discount with your local friendly dealer - or a not so local friendly one, it comes with everything you need except discs, Alloys are considered a "Spare Part" and IIRC work out around the £3k mark!

ACF ordered - two cans of the stuff. Hopefully arriving next week.
XCP is supposedly better, but if you have a compresor to do the job properly a 1L bottle of ACF will do you about 20 applications, so might take you a few years to get through the one you ordered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the bike will come a new set of with Pirelli Scorpion TRAIL 2S. I was looking for a winter tyre (because up here in Scotland, the roads are terrible in the winter, cold and wet (road tempertures don't get above 4C between December-> March) so its kinda vital - especially as this will be my transport [I've no car now]. I've come back from owning a shed load of cars recently (all Skodas, my other passion) and I've retrofitted either All-Seasons or had a set of Winter tyres which made a MASSIVE difference to the handling of the machine during winter. I know that the Anlas Winter Grip plus tyres are more budget, but they are a winter tyre compound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts