KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
531 Posts
The Maxton was just unreal, so compliant and stable, my mate Lee had it on a Tuono V4 and it was the best handling bike I have ever been on, just irons the bumps out on the road and so compliant and accurate

I bought this gen 1 for £8250 with 6000 miles on full Akrapovic etc. I’ve added a pcv, Motohooligan, powerparts clamps, carbon farkles etc so it owes me about £10000 ( I did well with the bits) to build it today is £20k and once the wheels and suspension are done I can’t see any bike touching it on the road for pure fun

I’ve had second, third, fourth and fifth bikes but everytime I’m on anything else I always think “This isn’t as good as the Superduke” so it makes sense to me to absolutely perfect it
Like to see a pic of the Maxton gear on the bike Wazza, when it's done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
With regards to Maxton, many years ago I didn't live too far from their building, it used to be in an old chapel no signs just a purple weather vein on the roof, they then built a custom unit over the road which was spotlessly clean.

I raced a couple of bikes over the years and Rich at Maxton was always on hand to help, I've had numerous fork cartridges and reworked shocks for those bikes and their own shocks are a work of art, it's a lot of $$$ but it will be one of the best upgrades you can make I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
You go for it Wazza. If i had the following.

1. Money.
2. A more understanding wife.
3. Less demanding kids.
😁
I would do similar to my Gen 1, as mine is definately a keeper.

P.S.
If anyone is in the market for a wife and demanding kids just pm me. ;)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts