KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,
My son has a 2007 ktm 85 which is due a top end rebuild (he is also saying it is down on power).

Now just as a comparisson for when i rebuilt it I done a compression test and it came out at 70psi :eek:

I didnt think the bike would even start at this sort of pressure so I done the test again with a seperate guage and same 70psi.

This cant be right so I checked my other sons Kx65 and that was 75-80psi and has had a full engine rebuild earlier this year.

For the compression test i am fitting the guage throttle wide open and 5-6 kicks am I missing something?

Seperate note whilst the bike is apart do I fit the 105 kit? Is there a major difference? He doent race just does enduro practice days.

Cheers
:D
Nick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After having a look on the internet it seems I should be loking for 150psi on a good engine!!!!!!!

I guess it is ppossible to have 2 faulty guages???

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
After having a look on the internet it seems I should be loking for 150psi on a good engine!!!!!!!

I guess it is ppossible to have 2 faulty guages???

maybe they're both faulty yeah

get a loan of one you know's accurate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi buddy did you ever figure out what was going on? I’m getting the same problem I’m only getting 75psi on a compression test. I’ve only just had the bike which started spewing coolant out the overflow the head gasket had gone I’ve replaced the head gasket and the coolant is fine now but can’t figure why the low compression the bike starts up easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts