KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,573 Posts
The Beatrice offshore Windfarm commissioned recently is providing 40% of Scotland’s renewable energy alone. I’m working on Moray East Windfarm just now of similar size which will generate the same. 80% from only two Windfarm’s. Not to mention the thousands of turbines on onshore windfarms. Scotland has the capacity to provide power to the EU. The new Nordic link will connect Peterhead to Norway. Most of Scotland’s renewables energy just now is carried down south to boost demand. The below link gives a real time look from national grid where the power is from and being sent.

https://extranet.nationalgrid.com/RealTime
Was going to do the fibre for wind farms, my contact/colleague is a slippery twat.....hung the carrot then pulled it away but then wanted me to cover his job on the farms for 3 months.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
3 months may lead to other things though. Might be worth the trip.
My cousin was working as a groundworks engineer for three months on the interconnector project at Hunterston... ended up there over a year and a half as site manager. Always worth a punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
My cousin was working as a groundworks engineer for three months on the interconnector project at Hunterston... ended up there over a year and a half as site manager. Always worth a punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Use to live in Irvine. Know a couple of lads that worked at Hunterston. It wasn’t Alan Frew was it?

·
Registered
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Thanks Rich, that’s excellent!
I’m thinking of doing a few mods now, tune etc. not sure about replacing the turbo though! Those blokes know there stuff.
It’s a brilliant engine. Mines the 580 version too.
I’d be happy with 30 more KW. It’s already aggressive off the launch. Way quicker than a lot of V8’s at the lights. All about the torque, just like a Vtwin :cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks Rich, that’s excellent!
I’m thinking of doing a few mods now, tune etc. not sure about replacing the turbo though! Those blokes know there stuff.
It’s a brilliant engine. Mines the 580 version too.
I’d be happy with 30 more KW. It’s already aggressive off the launch. Way quicker than a lot of V8’s at the lights. All about the torque, just like a Vtwin :cool:
I would leave the stock turbo unless you're going to first spend a small fortune on fuel pump, injectors, exhaust etc.
A good remap should see you safely get another 30 to 50 Bhp and unsafely double that

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Member's Car For Sale
2020 KTM X-Bow GT4 Reiter Street Legal TUV approved for sale in Austria
Power: 265 kW / 360 HP
Odo: 250 km
Price: € 199.990,-
Seller's Contacts: KFZ HÖDL

#uniqecarsforsale #memberscarsforsale #ktm #xbow #gt4 #forsale

Attachments

81 - 100 of 128 Posts