KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Ha Ha lots of stating the obvious about how to use finance but what is worrying is the fact people seem to think borrowing lots of money to pile in to some business plan is a dead cert to big profit.

More worrying is this attitude that if it does go tits up as many do they can just declair themselves bankrupt, walk away and start up again in the wifes name. Maybe in law but there are other ways they go about getting there money back!:sneaky:

Back to buying a bike on finance say you borrow £10,000 to buy a bike pay off half then loose your job and default on the payments and it gets snatched back, by the time they have paid someone to recover the bike, costs of selling it and the fact they will let it go for peanuts then add admin charges and what ever else they dream up you will get very little back, in fact they might want more money from you.
So you have being paying out good money for a few years and have nothing to show for it and maybe even more debt all for a hobby/ pastime!
Well I won’t be taking any advice from someone who does not know the difference between there and their.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well I won’t be taking any advice from someone who does not know the difference between there and their.
Yeh what ever, You taking over from mike 54, if I wanted english lessons I would have gone to school.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Well Mike and many others think you’re prize A bellend.
Surely that should be A prize bellend :D
Well I always speak my mind clearly some can not cope with that and stoop to name calling:rolleyes: Everyone has there opinion, what makes you think I give a toss

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Id lose customers pretty quick doing that.
Ours is 30 days from invoice. Which can be 60 days for some. Or the real pricks don't pay until they need something again.
We give them a few warnings then on COD.
You lose your privilege cunts.
Had quite a few go broke on us. Some double there order just before they go under.
Then start up again! We charge them COD then put the price up. Only way to get some of the money back. 😩
I’d break legs before supplying anyone who bumped on me - cheeky bastards!!!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
What happened to Mike54? AIDS?
Almost sure I have seen him post on other forums so still about, Might come as a suprise :D but me and him had a few quite stronge verbal run in's, can not even remember what it was about now. We were put on the same minute on a UK rally, I was quite happy to let it fester but I take my hat off to him he approached me we had a few words then shook hands, that must have been 4 or 5 years ago maybe more, as far as I was aware nothing has changed since then, ill leave it at that;)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Well I always speak my mind clearly some can not cope with that and stoop to name calling:rolleyes: Everyone has there opinion, what makes you think I give a toss
[/QUOTE
No, that would be a prized bellend.
Fair play to always speaking your mind. I just don’t know if you’re a bellend, trying to antagonise people or really just plain stupid.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You constantly slag people off for living their lives differently to how you choose to live yours; their choice of car, bike, how they choose to pay for it, how they maintain their bikes, how much of their disposable income they spend on their hobbies, how they structure their businesses.

So you may say you don’t give a toss but your actions indicate the exact opposite. I’ve never come across a more bitter person in my short life. Live and let live, you’d probably be less bitter if you focussed on trying to say positive things rather than tearing people down if their choices differ to yours.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
You constantly slag people off for living their lives differently to how you choose to live yours; their choice of car, bike, how they choose to pay for it, how they maintain their bikes, how much of their disposable income they spend on their hobbies, how they structure their businesses.

So you may say you don’t give a toss but your actions indicate the exact opposite. I’ve never come across a more bitter person in my short life. Live and let live, you’d probably be less bitter if you focussed on trying to say positive things rather than tearing people down if their choices differ to yours.
Bit strong but yes I would mostly agree with that.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
No, that would be a prized bellend.
Fair play to always speaking your mind. I just don’t know if you’re a bellend, trying to antagonise people or really just plain stupid.
Not read all the posts, was drawn in at the Mike54 died of aids part... Lee’s pretty tame compared to the characters on the original Visordown forum... nobody active that far back apart from Knapper and I?

·
Registered
9,234 Posts
I used to go on visor down in around 2003/4. Would that be considered old enough? Wasn’t really my thing back then though. Bloody love this forum though. Makes me smile most days and the odd time burst out laughing and spill my tea🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Not read all the posts, was drawn in at the Mike54 died of aids part... Lee’s pretty tame compared to the characters on the original Visordown forum... nobody active that far back apart from Knapper and I?
So what you saying I must try harder?;)

·
Registered
17,460 Posts
Almost sure I have seen him post on other forums so still about, Might come as a suprise :D but me and him had a few quite stronge verbal run in's, can not even remember what it was about now. We were put on the same minute on a UK rally, I was quite happy to let it fester but I take my hat off to him he approached me we had a few words then shook hands, that must have been 4 or 5 years ago maybe more, as far as I was aware nothing has changed since then, ill leave it at that;)
So was Mike faster than you?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

To be fair yes always been outspoken, this last year or so has really moved things on, the attitude of some people on here has built up some anger inside me and it no doubt shows in some of my posts. For that reason I did ask admin to take me off this forum but he did not.
That said I do think you are reading too much in to it at times, Are we not allowed to have a laugh? are we not allowed to disagree, Is it wrong for me to try to point out that chucking money at it is not always the way to improve. I thought forums were about discussions /debate be a very boring place if all we ever said is how great ktm's are.

·
Registered
17,460 Posts
They are great. No better than the Jap bikes though. But horses for courses.
Just because people like to fuck around with there bikes, doesn't mean they are shit. If I bought a new 450, Im sure I wouldn't touch it.
Have you ridden or owned a 790R, 890R, 1190R,1290R, SDR, 300 TPI , 450 or 500? 😂

81 - 100 of 109 Posts