KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered what can be described as an immaculate 690R ,the problem is this is the slightly over my budget but can squeeze to buy it .
I can buy a very similar E version (choice of 2 ) for a £1000 less than the R ,my question is ,are the R versions worth paying the extra for ?

I am not intending to race or rally ,just trail ride and the odd weekend away camping around the uk ,dont forget i live in south Wales so it's always raining ,wet and muddy and the trails are'nt quite as easy as they are elsewhere .

Hopping to pick one up wednesday

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I'd go with the 'E' model if it's £1000 difference.

yes the 'R' looks nice and is the 'top model' but the differences aren't huge.

The 690 is an excellent bike and on my wanted list - along with a 950SE, a 400EXC an RC8 and a Raleigh Chopper :D (I had the Grifter as a kid and it just wasn't good enough)

·
Registered
171 Posts
How come your getting rid of the tenere? i like some of the 'bits' on them and think KTM should pinch some of the ideas off it for the NEW 690 Adventure :eek: (this will upset some peeps)...they look a nice bit of kit....if i changed my 640 adv i would go for one of them.....

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Get the R..it is better/looks better/get them TKC`s off and get some proper rubber on and the trails will be fine...

Here is mine...

Hope you have fun if you get it!!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How come your getting rid of the tenere? i like some of the 'bits' on them and think KTM should pinch some of the ideas off it for the NEW 690 Adventure :eek: (this will upset some peeps)...they look a nice bit of kit....if i changed my 640 adv i would go for one of them.....
The Ten is a cracking bike but it is a bit on the heavy side ,i did intend to do a lot more offroad riding but with my leg i could'nt hold the bike up in some tricky places and was a bit top heavy with a big tank .Around here in sunny south wales the terrain is a lot more tricky to ride than most places so i have opted for a ktm 690 as i have wanted one since they came out ,and still allows me to go on weekends camping

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Dont forget that the new price on the R is £6250? with KTM's promotion running 'til mid October.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the info ,just picked up this little beauty ,could'nt justify the price difference of the more expensive R and this suits my needs anyway

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
nice one Jason...top bike, you won't be sorry with your choice

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Bob,the manual quotes a seat height of 910mm ,it is about the same size as my 400 exc, but the seat is a lot wider on the 690 so you feel as though you are a bit higher on the bike ,hopping to get out on it soon so i can see how it handles the trails

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm a 5"8 girl and I only struggle getting the sidestand up when I have to mount the beast with it down due to luggage. The height just disappears when you ride it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts