KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my bike today so I did a hpi check yesterday just to be safe and a couple of things came up.*

The guy I'm buying the bike from said he is the second owner yet according to the Dvla he Is the first??*

Second the bike is an 06 model and on an 06 plate but it wasn't first registered till the 1/10/07. Wouldn't that mean it would be on an 07 plate?*

·
Registered
296 Posts
Are you sure it doesn't have one previous owner - IE he is now the second??

Hmmmm not sure on the 07 bit I would expect if the first date of registration is 01/10/07 it would make it a 57 plate??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Could be the first owner didn`t register it for road use. When the bike did get registered it had to be put on an older plate because you can`t put a plate on which is newer than the age of the vehicle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
number plate one seems to be because you are not allowed to put a plate on a bike which would make it look newer than it is. so thats solved.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spoke to the guy and he said that the reason it only shows no owners is because the bike was oringinally registered in Guernsey and he had to reregister it when he brought it over here.

Which would check out as the first two letter of the plate means it was registered in london - wimbledon. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
If it was first registered on 01/10/07 I would expect it to be a 57 plate. Plenty of dealers registering 08 model KTM's on 09/59/10/60 plates. Its only on private plates where you can't make a vehicle look newer than it actually is.( IE ME59MEJ on a bike previously registered on 31/08/09 or before)
Too many things making this bike sound dodgy to me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im gonna go and check it out, check all the papers and the vin number, but i reckon its legit.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Its probably ok , but all these little indescreprencies would have my alarm bells ringing. And 400 miles is a long trip for a duffer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
From a personal point of view if im not totally happy, and therefore have to ask questions. id walk away. Of course it could be completely genuine. Does the HPI protect you in anyway if its a ringer etc??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts