KTM Owners Forum banner

261 - 280 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm not impressed that that taxpayers' money thief James Dyson is going to make a shitload out of making ventilators. I know we need them but he took all that money and fecked off to Singapore.

·
Premium Member
7,392 Posts
How so?
I just checked it and it seems spot on.

Flu (at 1.3) gives 13.78 cases after 10 steps
Crona (at 3.0) gives 59,049 cases after 10 steps
Yeh me to, I worked with 1.4.

Well as of yesterday, I'm laid off. Being a self employed (consultant) I get fook all........:(

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm not impressed that that taxpayers' money thief James Dyson is going to make a shitload out of making ventilators. I know we need them but he took all that money and fecked off to Singapore.
He will undoubtedly claim he invented the ventilator, make a shit product and charge over 3 times what its worth.

Does anyone know someone that actually bought his hair dryer or fan?

·
Registered
472 Posts
You mean the advertising guru?
No,the vacuum cleaner wallah.
He made a big play on British design and manufacture. He got millions off the taxpayer to build new factories in the UK then sacked all his staff and started manufacturing in Singapore. A fraction of the cost and no workers' rights.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Unbelievable that they wouldn't even come out and take a temperature!

I had to go to the supermarket today as misses is NHS backroom staff working till 1.00am this morning trying to get new systems up and running. We live in quite a rural area but it still feels like walking into a battle field knowing with my fucked lungs that a case of pneumonia would likely finish me off.
Shop was full of old people picking up items, looking at them and putting them back - squeezing bread fruit etc!
Wear gloves mate. I do. I read a science paper that showed that C19 stays on cardboard and steel for 72hrs. You could literally get it from picking up a packet of cornflakes because someone in the supply chain with C19 has it.
We tend to be very British here...probably because we're in Britain. We don't wear masks or gloves because no one else does, and we look at people who do as weirdos.
Fuck 'em.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Yeh me to, I worked with 1.4.

Well as of yesterday, I'm laid off. Being a self employed (consultant) I get fook all........:(
If you can get to +59k with 3 then you should get to 28.93 with 1.4.
Not comparable but the math is still incorrect.

Here's a thought. If the first person to die was on the 5th March we have been living with Covid-19 deaths for 3 weeks and there is now approx 480 people dead.
The flu kills approx 8,000 people a year in the UK (some years spike 2007-8 was 13,000) and if we forget seasonal variance then the average is 154 people per week. Multiply that by the three weeks we have had Covid-19 and the total is 462.
As it stands we have wrecked our economy for 18 people?????????????????
Discuss

·
Registered
446 Posts
As it stands we have wrecked our economy for 18 people?????????????????
Discuss
Some expert/bloke over here says in the paper that almost all the people that it's killed here probably would've pegged it anyway from something else this year.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you can get to +59k with 3 then you should get to 28.93 with 1.4.
Not comparable but the math is still incorrect.
I don't understand the point you're making. The guy in the clip said seasonal flu was 1.3 to 1.4 and from checking it he seems to have just used the lower end number (of 1.3) for the Flu maths. It checks out just fine... it's correct.

261 - 280 of 443 Posts