KTM Owners Forum banner

461 - 480 of 757 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just drove into Stockholm for the first time in a couple of weeks. Looks completely normal, like there's no virus at all.

The numbers being released by the health authorities of infected/dead are all over the place. Yesterday's 477 dead became 572 in today's numbers (and 591 up to today). Questions are being asked why Norway only has 78 dead.

Basically the genie is well and truly out of the bottle here and because we don't have a lock-down it seems everyone thinks it's not that serious, so let's get out and about.

Truth is, we're over 20% infection penetration of the population today, and the deaths will start piling up (there's a 14-15 day delay from measured as infected to dead). 1000 by the weekend easy. And then we're off and running. Though 90% of the deaths so far are aged over 70.

I read today that Sweden has the lowest number of hospital beds per capita in Europe. If that's true, what the fuck were they thinking?

·
Premium Member
7,497 Posts
Well, my brother the doctor has got it. As he writes:

"Yep. Who’d have thought that wearing what equates to a flimsy pink plastic bag is no match for a bio weapon."
My bro studied medicine, he's very sceptical that the Chinese mapped its genome so quickly.....

Hope he's well soon, looks like a colleague got it or the flu.......not tested.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sorry to hear that, hope he recovers well. He staying at home? He have to self isolate?
Thanks. Yes. He's got mild symptoms so he's at home. His missus is also a doctor who packed it in for a while to bring up a couple of kids, so he's in good hands at home. A few weeks locked in the shed with the telly on, dodging the kids and getting served. He'll be fine.

Mind you, I have a nephew (well ex-nephew as it's my ex's brother's son) who's just turned 30. He got diagnosed with MS towards then end of last year. On Sunday night he passed out and his heart stopped. Luckily he was at his dad's place who got busy with the CPR. The ambulance got there and managed to fire up his ticker. He's now in hospital and doing as well as can be expected. Tested positive for Corona. God only knows how his case will play out. So this thing doesn't fuck about if you've got health issues. Stay safe.

461 - 480 of 757 Posts