KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Seems to show a lack of understanding of human behaviour. All you can hope to do is put a bump in the road to slow it down. So you might as well build the bumps now rather than hope that all people will obey a roadblock in the future. Also, only a bit of that bucket goes in the bottle - about 20% of known cases - which could be maybe 2% of all cases given most people don't get tested or need any treatment.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
No suprise really ........ just speaking to a couple of nurses l know ...... they are of the view that this virus is going to be worse than is currently being publicised.

Anyone got a mountable machine gun going spare for the back of my old hilux?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Seems to show a lack of understanding of human behaviour. All you can hope to do is put a bump in the road to slow it down. So you might as well build the bumps now rather than hope that all people will obey a roadblock in the future. Also, only a bit of that bucket goes in the bottle - about 20% of known cases - which could be maybe 2% of all cases given most people don't get tested or need any treatment.
It’s obviously an oversimplification - the fact that not 100% of cases require medical treatment is irrelevant, the principle is the same for those that do (and it is those that do require it that the bucket represents).
There isn’t enough capacity to deal with all potential cases at once, and they are aiming to slow/time the demand on the services to give the best possible outcome.
Italy have had very high death rates as their localised outbreaks have massively overwhelmed the local hospital provision - this is the bucket overflowing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The problem is that they're assuming the majority will do what they're told, when they're told. Unfortunately we don't do that. And the longer it goes on the less likely we will. Right now there's compassion borne out of fear out there. Give it a couple more weeks of empty bog roll shelves, your mates getting a bad cold and not much more, and self-righteous wankers on social media telling us to be sensible and it'll be "Fuck that, I'm off to the pub."

I hope their strategy works, but I find it a little hard to believe that they'll suddenly be able to put the brakes on whenever they think it's needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't read anything about 3D, I don't feel like it, I am writing to you from Italy, LOMBARDY, I want to give you just a piece of advice, take precautions, you die, not only the elderly but also in their thirties and forties. Don't believe what they tell you, it's a serious, very serious problem.

Inviato dal mio VOG-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,494 Posts
41 - 60 of 743 Posts