KTM Owners Forum banner

721 - 740 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The UK had been warned about this for years, much as the Government now bang on about "Following the Science" they did not listen to any of the scientists when they said we need to be prepared for this and stockpile x,y and z - they choose to ignore them and run stockpiles down!
I don't really agree. People seem to forget that holding stores costs money, even more so if it has a use by date.
Also this came at a time when our government were preparing stores for WTO Brexit, which was a more immediate threat.
The last few outbreaks of serious flu did not come to us (SARS, MERS, Swine), I think we had a total 8 cases of SARS in the UK. There was no real indication that this one was going to be any different, even WHO were saying it would be contained in China.... that is until Italy got hit, and then it was too late.

But are we fairing that badly compared to others in our region?

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
We’ll be right fellas. You blokes dealing with Brexit, nothing sorted. And then this shit. How fragile we are! I think Sting said that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It does worry me how fragile and expanded all our societies have become, all made possible by exploiting fossil fuels.
Me & a mate use to muse about what actual practical skills we'd have to call on come the apocalypse. He's an optical physicists and I'm an electronics engineer... won't be much call for either of those trades when the lights go out... :cautious:
Beardy bush craft guys will be the daddies then...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Beardy bush craft guys will be the daddies then...
Somehow I think while they're rubbing two sticks together, you'll have worked out how to turn the lights back on.

Bush tucker wankers are usually just that. I see them when I'm out riding around in the Swedish wilderness using those stupid flint stick things to light fires. Lighters are cheap, abundant, waterproof, easy to carry, and last for ages. Also they're usually cooking that stupid dehydrated camping food on little gas cookers. You've got a motorbike mate. There's a restaurant within a 10-15 minute ride of pretty much anywhere, even up here.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What the fuck, thats the reason there is only 7k cases! We started early amongst other things, like NZ, tell me you're joking? Before I call you and your government retards.
You forgot the lack of deaths and number of tests too.
Well mate, who knows what Aussie reports there, looks like fake data to me anyway.

China is 72k at 1.4bln population with lockdown started way later than Aussie. Which means they have much better stats.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well mate, who knows what Aussie reports there, looks like fake data to me anyway.

China is 72k at 1.4bln population with lockdown started way later than Aussie. Which means they have much better stats.
Pick a number between 200,000 and 1 million. You're probably closer to the truth with China.
They're lying cunts. How do we know?

1: They have a history of lying about anything that embarrasses them (Riots...what riots?)
2: See 1.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
So where was this massive stockpile to be funded from ? or the extra hospitals in advance of 'just in case'

The budget for these things need to be found, so do you take it from the Police ? From the NHS ? Schools ? Flood defences ? Roads ? What about the armed forces....

Oh, what do you mean, there's no pandemic but there's a war instead ? or a month of flooding ? or...alien invasion ?

You can't plan for every possible eventuality that MAY happen on this planet, it's not possible. This is a compltely random and extreme case of shit happens and i'm sad to say, whilst we could have potentially dealt with it better, planning for it simply wasn't possible.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pick a number between 200,000 and 1 million. You're probably closer to the truth with China.

1: They have a history of lying about anything that embarrasses them (Riots...what riots?)
Is it ? Or is it more reliable to look at US/UK/Italy data where they assign any death to Covid death if body tested positive. Both methods look fake to me.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Is it ? Or is it more reliable to look at US/UK/Italy data where they assign any death to Covid death if body tested positive. Both methods look fake to me.
Well Chinas full of shit, this is known.
The UK is over zealous, as was South Korea. SK revised their figures down to 15% of their original death toll after they had time to go over the facts. Germany looks far too good to be true, but could be true.
So it's safe to say that all figures, except SK, are probably bullshit, but for different reasons, the number one reason being that everyone measure deaths differently. Which is also why it pisses me off when the Main Stream Media attack the Govt by comparing our figures to someone else's, it's pointless.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well Chinas full of shit, this is known.
The UK is over zealous, as was South Korea. SK revised their figures down to 15% of their original death toll after they had time to go over the facts. Germany looks far too good to be true, but could be true.
So it's safe to say that all figures, except SK, are probably bullshit, but for different reasons, the number one reason being that everyone measure deaths differently. Which is also why it pisses me off when the Main Stream Media attack the Govt by comparing our figures to someone else's, it's pointless.
Yeap, totally agree with it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
In the light of Scotland not wishing to use the UK slogan regarding lock down nor addopt the same measures, can someone explain to me why Krankies news briefings are shown daily on English TV?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Holding stock is expensive but so too is restocking at a premium price either way we all know who will pay.
But this is stuff they use all the time in the NHS, so they can rotate stock.......

So where was this massive stockpile to be funded from ? or the extra hospitals in advance of 'just in case'.......

Oh, what do you mean, there's no pandemic but there's a war instead ? or a month of flooding ? or...alien invasion ?
As above, holding a bit more stock for key items is not all that expensive, whereas preparedness for war is very expensive, hugely costly weapons that go obsolete without ever being used, ammo being chucked away as past use by date and a few hundred thousand forces personal sitting around in case of war 99% of the time.

Indeed, they knew about this long before they told anyone and may well of been able to of stopped it getting out, at the very least allowed other countries to better prepare.

I do my best to avoid buying anything Chinese, I cannot believe our government is still looking at Chinese network stuff for our infrastructure - be sure to have some secret back-door "kill Switch" on it so they can shut us down if they want to, and probably ways to spy on us as well.

·
Premium Member
7,494 Posts

Cant be arsed to google, US intel in China says they have far more cases than US.

721 - 740 of 743 Posts