KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly there boys!!!
Training now allowed and encouraged to shake out those rusty carcasses and racing to start fairly soon. Expect the weather to change now!馃槀

Premium Member
Yep, hitting the local trails tomorrow (what with one thing or another, first time in 9 months)

Registered
I think the whole thing is bullshit.

Entirely engineered by the Chinks to destabilise the global economy and give themselves an edge.

Fucking arseholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
When watching the pathetic explanation that Dominic Cummings expects us all the believe I can't help thinking of this sketch....

EDIT..Just found out that the Metro news paper came up with the same analogy and even the same sketch!

Registered
Would not let your guard down yet still over 300 people per day loosing there lives, RIP it's not over yet and could (many experts say will!) flare up again, I am taking the kids to a mx practice day tomorrow, we are doing a Kart practice day on friday and WOR events practice at Baden hall saturday but if organisers are not keeping an eye on things and starting with a friendly reminder through to sending people home if they repetedly do not keep there distance etc, then I will load up and go home.

We all like to think we are rough tough off road riders but if this viras gets in and finds a weakness it can make a real mess of you and imagine how you would feel if you thought you had passed it on to a elderly or vunerable person with bad consequences!

Sorry if this comes across as preaching but we all need reminding from time to time, very easy to drop back in to your old ways I know.

Registered
Mrs works in the residential unit in the same campus as the main COVID treatment centre, so getting daily updates. Worrying thing is that people who鈥檝e had it aren鈥檛 showing any antibodies as a result.... could be down to testing but it could mean that it鈥檚 something that has to be eradicated like smallpox. The level of asymptomatic cases is abnormal also... most people show some symptoms of anything they pick up. Lots of asymptomatic (tested and confirmed) cases and varying responses from mild illness to hospitalisation for acute respiratory issues.

Strange virus. Wether it鈥檚 overhyped or the measures are disruptive... I wouldn鈥檛 like to catch it. The real experts must know something which is causing them genuine concern.

Registered
I think a fair proportion of those 300 are likely to be people who are not taking it as seriously as they should, and sadly I think it is still pretty rife in care homes.

I think there is a much bigger risk of taking out one of your elderly relatives than yourself, and with people now allowed to meet up a lot more the distance thing becomes really important.

In "normal" times I understand it was touching infected surfaces that was by far the bigger culprit than transmission by air (except on crowded trains perhaps) so back at the workplace I think hand washing is really important.

Problem is there are lots of stupid people out there, some arrogant prick came into the supermarket yesterday and just walked the wrong way down a one-way section, I would not mind if they were just putting themselves at risk and could not give a stuff if these kind of aresholes all got wiped out, but unfortunately that is not how it works.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
It鈥檚 still tricky times for sure but at least we can ride. Just do it sensibly and keep distances. It鈥檚 something we will all be doing for a while now. I know I don鈥檛 want it!

Cummings is just a complete twat. Plain and simple. Looks like a twat and acts like a twat. Selfish and ignorant. He just went home for Easter while everyone else suffered. Twat!

Registered
We鈥檙e all gonna get it they鈥榣l never find a cure it鈥檚 another SARS. Uk government had it right first with the 鈥榟erd鈥 thought but no backbone to implement. We might have a bigger death toll than Germany, it鈥檚 we鈥檒l have our dead quicker and Germany will get the same amount over a longer period. Over75鈥檚 stay in, the rest it鈥檚 businesses as usual and sorry to say if your under 75 and die then that鈥檚 nature doing her work.

.......got that off my chest... lol

Registered
We鈥檙e all gonna get it they鈥榣l never find a cure it鈥檚 another SARS. Uk government had it right first with the 鈥榟erd鈥 thought but no backbone to implement. We might have a bigger death toll than Germany, it鈥檚 we鈥檒l have our dead quicker and Germany will get the same amount over a longer period. Over75鈥檚 stay in, the rest it鈥檚 businesses as usual and sorry to say if your under 75 and die then that鈥檚 nature doing her work.

.......got that off my chest... lol
I agree.

If you need to hide (elderly, poorly) then hide. The rest need to crack on and use common sense.

The financial fallout from this will last for decades if not.

Yes it鈥檚 a nasty virus no doubt. But we don鈥檛 give a second though about the flu, which kills over 10,000 a year.

Registered
So now that they are technically allowed, the clubs are immediately starting practices.

I'm still on the fence about going though.

There are over 150 riders booked in to one of the practices already.

Of course I want to ride but as Lee says above, we're not really in a better position and I'm doing the shopping for my mum so not sure it's a good idea.

I reckon I can go to the event and as long as I don't get into trouble, won't go anywhere near anyone or touch anything except for my bike and vehicle so the risk is manageable but is it worth it??

There seems to be a lot of people who are so desperate to ride that they'll go no matter what.

What are you guys doing?

Registered
I agree.

If you need to hide (elderly, poorly) then hide. The rest need to crack on and use common sense.

The financial fallout from this will last for decades if not.

Yes it鈥檚 a nasty virus no doubt. But we don鈥檛 give a second though about the flu, which kills over 10,000 a year.

Agree too. Did you know, Sweden never did lockdown and has had all its shops, pubs, restaurants open. It鈥檚 been criticised for its high death rate per million of population, but not commended on its keeping their economy going. Here we are having to promote people attending hospital for cancer treatment etc and in those cases deaths might have been avoided had we followed the Sweden model. We have well a truely fucked our economy and for what of a percentage of our population. 67million and 38 thousand dead, do the maths as a percentage of population was/is lockdown worth it? Doubtful. Yes it鈥檚 terrible if you have a family member die and I wouldn鈥檛 wish that upon anyone.

I鈥檓 not pointing these comments are you just having a second rant.......lol

Registered
What are you guys doing?
We鈥檝e been out twice in a couple of weeks... just me and the mrs, socially distanced hello/catchup with some of the guys (mostly dad & lad combos and family with brood of little rippers)... desert a big place, easy to stay out the way and not going daft either to avoid getting air lifted. Technically it鈥檚 two hours of exercise up to an hour away from my house.

Registered
I鈥檓 happy to do a trail ride in a group of 6 as I am always about 200m behind the rest.
I wouldn鈥檛 do an enduro day yet but my nephew is looking at a one to one training day.

I think comparing Sweden to the UK is a pointless exercise. Life, work, housing, population concentration, people movement etc must be at opposite ends of the spectrum so can鈥檛 be done with any sense.

The UK鈥檚 biggest problems seem care workers moving from home to home every day and the 18 to 24 group not giving a sh*t. Apparently loads from other villages have started concentrating at our recreation ground as it is tucked away. Big groups, bbq鈥檚 and a general disregard to Covid, safety and not littering. The police just asked people who reported it to collect car registrations. :rolleyes: What about those who walk or cycle then?

Registered
What are you guys doing?
Will probably avoid the first date at my nearest "Playday" venue as I am sure it will be jam packed with people desperate to get out again.

Might take bike down to mates place on Friday as he has a good selection of lanes near him, so we can go out for a few hours, and also got 3:1 training session "booked" with Lee Walters, hopefully that can go ahead soon (in Wales so need them to let us in!)

Local TRF reckon might do a day for newbies in July - but not holding my breath as joined about 9 months ago and this will be the first beginners day they have offered since I joined, so likely to be well and truly over-subscribed.

Moving forward hoping to go on some of these guided trail riding days in Wales, days around Salisbury as I have people in the area that know it well and trying to find a few more "Friendly" practice and fun events where I can ride steadily (not that I am capable of anything else) and more importantly not too likely to be taken out by some moron with more ambition than talent.

In fact post COVID my plans are the same as they were before, just cannot share a car / van with riding buddies to get anywhere now,

Registered

One of the organisers of the kart practice we are doing on friday so good to see they will be enforcing the 2 meter rule, another one I rang said they would not be policeing it, it was up to the drivers so not going to that one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts