KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think comparing Sweden to the UK is a pointless exercise. Life, work, housing, population concentration, people movement etc must be at opposite ends of the spectrum so can’t be done with any
Disagree. Sweden does have a smaller population of about 10 million we have 67million. They have a capital city like us and not like the Antarctic capital you kinda indicate it’s more like London, Manchester, Birmingham. I believe there is a balance to made and who’s paying for these furloughed system/s, next generation? What about those families affected by job loses now loads to come?..... It must been really shit for them. What about patients frightened to go to hospital because they fear catching C19? What about the children who have no access to online learning? Lockdown has messed so many things up. Again I say social distancing for the over 75’s. What do can I say to gas service engineers, plumbers, kitchen/bathroom who work in domestic houses with mortgages, mouths to feed and no income? Nothing! What im saying is there needs to be a balance between wrecking working families lives protecting the over 75 voters because let’s face it only the elderly vote and the reason for the lockdown. I say this again, it’s terrible should anyone lose a family member or friend to c19 and I’d never wish this upon anyone.

I’m not having a go Dave just expressing my different point of view.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Disagree. Sweden does have a smaller population of about 10 million we have 67million. They have a capital city like us and not like the Antarctic capital you kinda indicate it’s more like London, Manchester, Birmingham. I believe there is a balance to made and who’s paying for these furloughed system/s, next generation? What about those families affected by job loses now loads to come?..... It must been really shit for them. What about patients frightened to go to hospital because they fear catching C19? What about the children who have no access to online learning? Lockdown has messed so many things up. Again I say social distancing for the over 75’s. What do can I say to gas service engineers, plumbers, kitchen/bathroom who work in domestic houses with mortgages, mouths to feed and no income? Nothing! What im saying is there needs to be a balance between wrecking working families lives against protecting the over 75 voters because let’s face it only the elderly vote and the reason for the lockdown. I say this again, it’s terrible should anyone lose a family member or friend to c19 and I’d never wish this upon anyone.

I’m not having a go Dave just expressing my different point of view.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I take your point spud but I still think it’s comparing apples with eggs to a certain extent. Having, presumably, way fewer people per square mile automatically reduces the chances of a wider spread. Why on earth do people need to travel for a few hours each way to have walk or sit on a beach, all the while massively increasing their chances of picking Covid up and, most likely, passing it on to god knows how many others. Our deaths may be reducing but the weekly positive tests is still quite alarming and can only be from unaware transmission.

I think our depressingly negative media (tv and print) probably cause more problems as they seem to have no intention of helping us get through this but are merely intent on slagging off everything anyone tries to do and too many people accept their attitude as the way to proceed.
If they were going to help, a massive effort at vilifying the morons who don’t give a toss about distancing would be a start but, at the moment, 20 of them are happy to be in a tight group so they can get a photo of Cumming’s nasal hair.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I take your point spud but I still think it’s comparing apples with eggs to a certain extent. Having, presumably, way fewer people per square mile automatically reduces the chances of a wider spread. Why on earth do people need to travel for a few hours each way to have walk or sit on a beach, all the while massively increasing their chances of picking Covid up and, most likely, passing it on to god knows how many others. Our deaths may be reducing but the weekly positive tests is still quite alarming and can only be from unaware transmission.

I think our depressingly negative media (tv and print) probably cause more problems as they seem to have no intention of helping us get through this but are merely intent on slagging off everything anyone tries to do and too many people accept their attitude as the way to proceed.
If they were going to help, a massive effort at vilifying the morons who don’t give a toss about distancing would be a start but, at the moment, 20 of them are happy to be in a tight group so they can get a photo of Cumming’s nasal hair.
Those
If I’m reading you correctly, those that flout indiscriminately (Pisstaking) social distancing should feel the long arm of the law?....... I agree.

Could I ask, have you seen the latest BBC announcement on the new 6000 properties for the homeless? Could this be making ready for when the furloughed systems ends?......:I’m speculating to a degreeofconspiracy theory I hope I wrong.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
We voted them in, they have consulted loads of experts and come up with a plan that has the best chance of working for us, it was never going to be easy and so far it is going to plan. Give them chance, Political games being played with that stupid bitch in scotland and to an extent wales and N Ireland so I do not take a lot of notice what they say.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Difficult to be sure but overall it would seem the lockdown didn't make vast amounts of difference. Sweden, Japan, South Korea, several US states survived ok without. Which is the most effective social distancing? 1.0m WHO, 1.5m Australia, 1.8m US, 2.0 UK? Why the sudden uptake in mask wearing once the virus is on it's way out? It did what viruses do, came, peaked and went. It was bad in the UK in April for the elderly and there is also the question of what the causes of the large excess of UK non-covid deaths in April were, or why did so many die in NY City. It might come back in the winter. Governments around the world didn't handle it all that well and after the initial fear soon turned to political and financial opportunism and media wankery. It's going to take years to put right the brainwashing and economic consequences.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Could I ask, have you seen the latest BBC announcement on the new 6000 properties for the homeless? Could this be making ready for when the furloughed systems ends?......:I’m speculating to a degreeofconspiracy theory I hope I wrong.
Not seen that. I’ll take a look later.

I do agree with leeexc’s assessment though.

How did Greece manage so few deaths? 200 or something like that? :unsure:
I think there are some seriously dodgy figures out there and we will probably never find out the truth. The WHO seem as useful as a chocolate teapot so they won’t be much help.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Whose got 150 booked in?

I’m booked into WOR on 6th but still in two minds but if someones being greedy and it’s a mess people won’t be happy and they’ll get bad press very quickly.

From going out as little as I’ve been trying there are some fucking stupid people out there. Neighbours having parties all sat right next to each other getting pissed then taking god knows what home to spread about there and so on. Another one had a party and they all slept over.

Even had older people.. over 60 push past in the park on a walk.... it’s like WTF.
Had families out for a run literally head straight at me and the young one.

If someone’s clearly not giving a shit and happy to carelessly walk/run/cycle past me and my son I just develop a cough. They soon leave room. Fck em.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Took the kids to an mx practice day yesterday, good space between vans/cars people being sensable no issues, told the kids have a pee behind the van then use hand gel and not to use the toilets, I recon using the toilets and hand washing facilities is one of the best ways of spreading the virus.
Steve who runs WOR does not mix his words if people are being stupid and not keeping there distance etc I am sure he will be on the case. sort of wish I had booked the kids in this weekend as well but to late now just me and some mates.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Latest theory why the UK is worse than some of Euroland is that we had the virus in circulation much earlier than thought......timing much closer to Italy and Spain, and although the death rate at that time didn't correlate, plenty of opportunity to spread and ultimately hit the vulnerable. As mentioned above, if you look at the age group spread it is a killer of old people. All the idiots saying they are worried about their kid going back to school just don't understand statistics! Sure if you say I'm worried they will then carry it to the vulnerable then fair enough, but 3 deaths in 13 million is pretty good odds!

The other negative about the UK is more fat people........they are more likey to die of Covid too. Someone on the BBC website was suggesting it was the governments fault that people are fat.....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I had a dry cough that would not go away late November, thought it was previous chest infection that had not been killed off.

Went to doctors and got anitbiotics, week later no change, got another course and a week later was a bit better, doc said he thought my chest was blocked and gave me inhaler to use to clear airways, another week on all was good....

...Pretty much forgot about it until Mrs said "Do you think you had it after you went to Milan in November?", I said No, as it was way before their "Patient Zero", but who knows?

It was odd for me, I normally get sore throat, runny nose, headaches - the whole "Cold experience" when ill, this was just a dry chesty cough.

Pity they don't offer ati-body tests for anyone who asks, would love to find out, but then again if the R really was 3 I should of killed of every old person in my town!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts