KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take it the subframe mounts under the seat both sides aren't supposed to have a crack running from the bolt hole to the end?

This is both sides

Also sidestand issues again :wanker:

After snapping in half the chocolate KTM (already repaired one) I fitted the one off my hybrid KX .
I should of known I was too fortunate when this happened.

It take it this a new part not a weld job?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
should be plenty of bits about 2nd hand here and there, guess the subframe might be tricky/pricey to get hold of as folk like them to modify their pre '04 bikes sure someone will have something to get you fixed!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Jubilee clip round the ends of the subframe :cool: job done. As for the stand, thats crap luck mate, Im still on the original one (2001)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
for sidestand think brokenlegs on here has some sort of superdooper fit n forget sidestand as for subframe remove and strip all parts from it take to alloy fab shop and they can weld it for u if you dont have one near to you then i think brokenlegs has a contact near him and when you refit it don't overtighten it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Golly. We have a tooled up fab shop at work,may have to flutter the old eyelashes!
Alternatively we deal with a good place in Towcester who'll fab and powder coat.
I'll just bung a bit of filler in for the MOT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts