KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Good find---------I was looking into trying to adapt a pair of BUMW ones, but now you have shown me these MMMMM :confused: now I'm not sure. They seem to stick out a bit, and come the first/second off whilst off-road they may be trashed, saying that, they may prevent damage I suppose. I will watch this and see if there is an importer and then add them to my Crimbo wish list in due course.
Don't you just hate the tinternet :p

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
They look ok , if you were doin a big trip away they might come in hand .

Double L I think it would depend what you had in the bags as to where you'd do damage or not to the tanks whether off or on road .

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Put a piccie up when installed will yeh!
I have one of those in my attic IIRC, from on old MTB back in the 90's. I'm sure it has lime green on it somewhere though!! :eek::D
Here is the photo as promised of the framebags I bought off eBay for £3 each!! Linky

Photo

They are not water proof, but useful addition for tools etc

Enjoy

Andy

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Cockney,I haven't seen these bags and have no idea how good the seams are etc so....although i recommended a push bike frame bag,i would be reluctant to put tools in them.
One reason would be that tools are harder than my tanks and in a spill could puncture it? you could put a thin sheet of ali in there on the tank side but beware of sharp edges.
Another is that the seams may split and lose the contents?

Personally i would be looking at putting a couple of spare tubes in after putting them in a bread bag with talc powder and something lightweight yet bulky in the otherside.

On the other hand,i could be talking crap on a Sunday morning.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Agreed. The bags are lightweight and would most likely fall to pieces with any weight. Also consideration re damage from tools to side panels. I will put some tape on to stop any scratches as they will move and will get dirt behind.

I have just loaded mine up with 1st kit in a sealed bag for waterproofing.

Think I just put some snacks in the other as you can easily access when on bike.

As for being crash proof. We'll see...

Cheers

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I've orderd some slightly more expensive ones which may turn out to be better quality or just more expensive for nowt :rolleyes:

I had exactly the same idea ......... 1st aid kit one side, probably tubes or snacks the other which makes more room in my back pack and less weight on me ;)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Shame they aint a bit higher,could've warmed up a pasty or two.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Very large Samosas......seem to be the ideal thing for those bags

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Yum yum. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts