KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I'm extremely happy to be proved wrong, that is really moving in the right direction.

Now picture that in a Dakar/HRC paintjob, I'm suddenly all interested.

If Honda can bring that to market without messing it up I'd could go for it.

Reactions: thebarber

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I'm extremely happy to be proved wrong, that is really moving in the right direction.

Now picture that in a Dakar/HRC paintjob, I'm suddenly all interested.

If Honda can bring that to market without messing it up I'd could go for it.
Saw it at the Milan show today - photos to follow ..........

But it needs a bit of work if anyone thinks it has a chance of replacing the 950/990..........

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Saw it at the Milan show today - photos to follow ..........

But it needs a bit of work if anyone thinks it has a chance of replacing the 950/990..........
In all reality I just can't see anything out there that would prize the 950 out of my hands ATM.

I've just got the "had it for 4 years itch", but still love every ride on it. i might just need to Farkle it a bit more, like a Rade garage rally light setup, maybe.

Or maybe a second bike.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
E
Go on Owen spill the beans, what did you see that would need fixing for production to allow it to be a solid off road adventure bike?

Cheers

Markie
It did not look lightweight - big bulky engine and twin discs suggest it will be fairly heavy (the LC 8 motor is incredibly light ! ). Also very exposed exhaust and engine casings sticking well outside the small sump guard. 21 inch front wheel though .....

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
> It did not look lightweight - big bulky engine and twin discs suggest it will be fairly heavy (the LC 8 motor is incredibly light ! ).

Engine - Yup the lc8 is a class leader in that area. Twin discs are pretty standard now, lc8 adv's have them, only the SE comes with a single front, and when on the road I'll admit sometimes I could do with more, off road it's great.

> Also very exposed exhaust and engine casings sticking well outside the small sump guard.

Yeah I thought the sump guard was a bit pants. What money on a 750 AT style wrap around guard being the best selling accessory? :)

> 21 inch front wheel though .....

Hope it stays.

Not looking to sell the SE but eventually it'll go, so hoping someone brings out something to tempt me.

Thanks Owen.

Cheers

Markie

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
it's not baz. Thats the bike that will be produced, maube with a tweak to the header and pipe etc but that's the machine. still, its north of 200 kg though.
Yeah i concur...what i meant was in thinking the weight variables or the amount of glam it will attract will ensue its a Trabant off road in true comparison to what it should be...and again 200kg dry weight is not handy dandy...

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
All these bikes are aimed at fat middle aged blokes who want a rally look-a-likey rally bike to ride to devils bridge and have a bacon butty on a sunday to get away from their nagging wives for a bit. 99% are never going to see any decent action lets face it (obviously that doesn't apply to anyone on here pmsl)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
All these bikes are aimed at fat middle aged blokes who want a rally look-a-likey rally bike to ride to devils bridge and have a bacon butty on a sunday to get away from their nagging wives for a bit. 99% are never going to see any decent action lets face it (obviously that doesn't apply to anyone on here pmsl)
That is very true - those of us on here who actually use our adventure bikes off-road are in a very small minority. Honda will be looking to build a bike that will appeal to the masses - if it looks like it is a bit more 'capable' off road than the opposition the all the better for the riders street cred when they pull up outside the pub. I'm just waiting to see if they have 'ready mixed mud throwover packs' in the accessories book !

·
Registered
3,961 Posts

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Fuck me Mike, that's me exactly.....apart from I do occasionally drag my 950 out of muddy ditches.

Reactions: mike54
21 - 40 of 536 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.