KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title I'm after a cush drive hub and sprocket carrier I can lace to a 2018 exc rear 2.15x18 rim. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
665 Posts
let me know if you sort this, I’m interested in doing the same.
I contacted Haan wheels they quoted €500 for a wheel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Firstly I'd looked at buying the hub and carrier from Ktm. Just those bits were £300 then i needed to buy rubbers and new spokes to suit and then get the rim built. I've got central Wheel/Sm pro building me a set as we speak. I initially asked just about the rear rim but they couldn't quite match the standard front exc rim color and the price was £600 odd. I'm a bit OCD and didn't really want un matched rims and to be honest it wasn't much more to have both front and rear made. So all up it's £850 for both front and rear rims delivered. Unfortunately 690 enduro rims are like hens teeth and just one set appeared briefly on Ebay but they were miles away and pickup only. The Haan wheels get really good reviews.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I actually tried to phone about some Haans today, looks like a rear with a A60 rim is £600
so £1000 all in.
I’ll be interested to see what you think of the SM pro.

·
Administrator
3,902 Posts
At that sort of price you are up near Warp-9 cost from USA? I've not heard of Haans, but Warp-9 have been great on my big XR. They do all-in complete sets, so would scratch dirkdigglers OCD itch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
😂😂 sad I know but the thought of them not matching would keep me up at night. Yes Andygbsmith I'll let you know what I think when they arrive. I've had a few bits from central wheel in the past but for cafe racer's I've built. Although I've had to send a few bits back for adjustments the quality of the parts have been very good. Again like the Haan wheels the warp 9 get really good reviews. My biggest fear with anything overseas at the moment is vat duty and import charges.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yes I have had issues with Central wheels in the past also, but that did sort the problem.
im sure Warp9 are great but postage and import would kill it.
Haan have a very good reputation for both race and Rally use, they use Excel A60 rims and they are the strongest you can buy.
they have a U.K. distributor as well so no import issue.
I’ll see what Dirkdiggler thinks of the SMPro and make my decisio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts