KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God why do they do it ? it real gets me going, but I have found a cure just don’t attempt to pass them. what I do now & they really get annoyed is drive as close as possible to their back wheels but don’t pass even when they try and wave you on, wait till they forced to stop. Then once they stop wave as you pass 😂😂😂😂 they go fucking mental 😂😂😂😂 even better stop again till they pass you & do the same again 😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,040 Posts
They're all gay cunts with skinny legs and small cocks. The best thing to do is buy a fifteen year old diesel car with a blocked DPF. It's worth fuck all so it won't matter if you bounce a lycra-h0mo of the bonnet. Just push past and as soon as you get in front of the lead h0mo, floor it at high revs and give them a huge cloud of black soot to chew on. Works for me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
God why do they do it ? it real gets me going, but I have found a cure just don’t attempt to pass them. what I do now & they really get annoyed is drive as close as possible to their back wheels but don’t pass even when they try and wave you on, wait till they forced to stop. Then once they stop wave as you pass they go fucking mental even better stop again till they pass you & do the same again
Take up less room than a car FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
272 Posts
Take up less room than a car FFS

True, but.....

It's unnecessary and they travel a lot slower than a car in most situations, regularly having a queue behind them. If they were single file there would be many more safe opportunities to pass for vehicles that are traveling at the normal speed for the road.

I'm not too bothered by it, but I cannot see any logical reason why they do it. Seems purely selfish.

My mantra for the roads is: disturb other road users as little as possible and don't get annoyed by idiots. It's easier said than done.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
True, but.....

It's unnecessary and they travel a lot slower than a car in most situations, regularly having a queue behind them. If they were single file there would be many more safe opportunities to pass for vehicles that are traveling at the normal speed for the road.

I'm not too bothered by it, but I cannot see any logical reason why they do it. Seems purely selfish.

My mantra for the roads is: disturb other road users as little as possible and don't get annoyed by idiots. It's easier said than done.....
Over 50 years ago I took my cycling proficiency test. We were told to ride in single file on narrow or winding roads. With the roads being much busier these days does this not still apply.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Two abreast really pissed me off too, unfortunately their arrogant self righteous attitude is now being endorsed by incoming traffic law of presumed liabilty. And 'm an ex stupidly keen cyclist but when I was out with others we never intentionally held up traffic

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
The cyclists round here are noisier than most motorbikes. They come down our lane en masse about 20m apart having a shouting conversation.
I can understand two abreast on a busy quicker road as it makes them more visible, as long as they tuck in single file when you come up behind them…if they have a clue your there. Those flashing LED lights are the best for visibility, without being annoying.

·
Registered
871 Posts
  • Highway Code for cyclists

• never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
Another school of thought is that two abreast gives a quicker safer overtake rather than spread out along the road. Bottom line is that the roads are shared by different types of vehicles and often speeds or size are an incompatible nuisance. The Government had the opportunity in the 60's to develop cycle paths for the then growing trend of cycle touring....but some pipe smoking official said it was a fad and would never catch on.

Don't worry.....give it a few years and only the rich will be driving cars and the rest will be queuing for the twice weekly bus.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dual carriageway, national speed limit, 70mph cars, trucks, vans and a cyclist !
The area has hundreds of miles of cycle routes and he thinks it is ok to cycle on a dual carriageway, thick as fuck !!

Why is it our responsibility to make sure they are safe ? Would you go swimming with crocagators ?

p.s. I'm a cyclist too but gravel and mtb

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
True, but.....

So what’s the fucking rush? Why is everyone so fucking eager to get to the office they hate, the job they loath and the wife they can’t stand the sight of (hence the motorbike), slow the fuck down and enjoy life

·
Registered
272 Posts
I do enjoy life with the wife I love. Still don't see a justifiable reason to control those around me, such as dictating their speed. It has nothing to do with 'slowing down' or 'enjoying life'.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Other road users be it slows or faster are not trying to control you FFS, that’s the government

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Disappointed....to say the least.......I expected more from you lot..........well, at least a nice pair of breasts on a bicycle ;)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I give the pricks a blast of my horn when I actually get level and able to overtake safely. They generally shit themselves followed by some aggressive over exaggerated arm waving :rolleyes: .

1 - 20 of 133 Posts