KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can get them - the metal ones, no bar fitting kit needed as I've got bonz mounts. preferably UK but US is OK.

cheers,

Martin

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
composite only, occasionally probends with a mount kit - not what I want, thanks anyway

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
anyone know where i can get them - the metal ones, no bar fitting kit needed as I've got bonz mounts. preferably UK but US is OK.

cheers,

Martin
http://www.brpmoto.com

Its in the US - but theyre quite reliable/quick

And for what its worth (or for future reference), the highway dirtbikes handguards are higher spec than the cycras, come with mounts of similar or better spec than the bonz, and with threaded bar inserts (rather than the expandy types which can split the bars) .... all for about the same money as a set of cycras.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts

And for what its worth (or for future reference), the highway dirtbikes handguards are higher spec than the cycras, come with mounts of similar or better spec than the bonz, and with threaded bar inserts (rather than the expandy types which can split the bars) .... all for about the same money as a set of cycras.

Having seen some HDB's & been impressed, I'm TRYING to buy some.
I'm working in the States for several weeks but after initial email response HDB have gone AWOL. :confused::confused:
Beginning to look like I'm buying Cycras again !

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Having seen some HDB's & been impressed, I'm TRYING to buy some.
I'm working in the States for several weeks but after initial email response HDB have gone AWOL. :confused::confused:
Beginning to look like I'm buying Cycras again !
I SPOKE TOO SOON -HDB have just been in touch :smokin:

A set of their 'Ultimate' Handguards are on their way to my hotel :cool::cool:

I'm :D now!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ooohh, they're nice. Is it it easy to tap the bar ends? Is a vice needed or can it be done on the bike?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

cheers,

Martin
not sure that pro bends will fit with bonz mounts, the set i had didn't

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure that pro bends will fit with bonz mounts, the set i had didn't
I like the look of those HDB ones - might get those and sell my Rallye Pro and Bonz set up. But out of interest, why wouldn't they work?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I like the look of those HDB ones - might get those and sell my Rallye Pro and Bonz set up. But out of interest, why wouldn't they work?
where the hand guard would bolt to the bonz bracket it was about 1"-11/2" to short. I could have rectified this by trimming the end of the bars and/or bending the hand guard a bit. Acerbis multiplo or supermoto guards fit lovely with the bonz though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next question - anyone know what the top clamp bolt pattern is for a 2010 400EXC, or, what am I looking for/measuring so I can figure out which of the options I choose for the HDB top mount?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts