KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I’m going to be in Dammam at a conference 12-15th... and I think a workshop in Dubai on the Thursday... so probably agonisingly close but won’t see it.

Inshallah...

There’s a few of the local ADDC regulars entering as privateer teams in bike and 4x4 as it’s right on their doorstep, literally just loaded up the wagons and drove. One of the local Safas has picked up an HRC ride, keep your eyes out for Aaron Mare. He put the cat amongst the pigeons at the last ADDC, nice young lad too.

It’s doable for us too... just crossing the border in your own car if you’re non-GCC can be a pain. Would be a cool road trip though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I follow him on Instagram, good lad, even better when he isn’t talking or sticking his tongue out in photos.:rotflmao:
Sunderland is good too, I think he is fairly keen on himself though. :D
Bloody fit bastard.
I don’t think Price does any workouts! Never seen him train, just ride.
He cut his own hair, what’s left of it, last week with a bowl on his head!

He is good to follow. :smokin:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5qRIAdp3mG/?igshid=1fvasxja1o11c

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I follow him on Instagram, good lad, even better when he isn’t talking or sticking his tongue out in photos.:rotflmao:
Sunderland is good too, I think he is fairly keen on himself though. :D
Bloody fit bastard.
I don’t think Price does any workouts! Never seen him train, just ride.
He cut his own hair, what’s left of it, last week with a bowl on his head!

He is good to follow. :smokin:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5qRIAdp3mG/?igshid=1fvasxja1o11c
Toby Price is ace - unbelievable talent and always comes across as a real top bloke!

·
Registered
15,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just saw Sunderland going through the Dakar van they are sharing, Tobys cupboards were loaded with Aussie lollies, breakfast cereal and pot noodles. Not exactly a diet you’d expect for two weeks of endurance hell.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It was good that.

I'm following Lyndon again this year as he's set up a team to do the Dakar Africa ECO Race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idhPCd_xuRM&list=PLg_I_Uv0pqhpG-2IXNqYtUy8n0D4xOaM8&index=1
Rode with him this time last year over in Mijas at the Adventure Rider Center. Nice chap and 10x more talented on a bike than me. Spent a hell of a lot of time on his phone which I find a tad anti social in a group setting, but I guess a good portion of his life is generating support and revenue on social media.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! Do not scroll down If you do not want to see Dakar results.

Are We posting results or do people want to get results watching it on tv tonight at 10 on eurosport 2 HD ?

https://gaps.dakar.com/2020/dakar/aso/ukie

Looks like Toby price won the first stage in the bikes but he had a problem with his roadbook, he thinks he will have a time penalty, no roadbook no speed limit info.

I am watching Graham Knight/ Dave watson in the SSV class in there first dakar, they have done 12 rallys in 18 months:eek: and decided to go for the big one.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I’m following the live timing at work... fire in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep post away Lee.
Can’t imagine how frustrating that must be on day 1. Even with the best gear and prep things still go wrong.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Yep post away Lee.
Can’t imagine how frustrating that must be on day 1. Even with the best gear and prep things still go wrong.
But not as bad as Graham Knight and Dave Watson no 418 polaris SSV have had a hard day today, Drove too fast through a stoney section and punctured 2 tyres and bent a rear trailing arm, they then drive the rest of the 275km like a crab!
Tried to drive carefully because no spare tyres left but still hit a rock and snapped a front ball joint, they fixed that then near the end got another puncture but managed to borrow a spare wheel.
Not like them at all usually not hard on the equipment. They should be at the bivouac now so all good:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Price’s roadbook wasn't scrolling properly and eventually tore. Lucky for him he was following Walkner so just trailed him to the finish.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
2 minute penalty for Price, if i've read it right.....torn road-book after 15k i think...

1 - 20 of 133 Posts