KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yes, the crash was this morning. The terrain was flat but sandy with some rocks but good visibility. I doubt we'll ever know the exact details, but its hit the community hard. No racing in bikes and quads tomorrow, and the bivouac a very emotional place today and tomorrow I'd imagine. He was such a huge personality with a never give up attitude. A few days ago his engine seized on a stage. He waited 5 hours for a support truck then changed his own engine in the desert with the tools on his bike, then raced to the end of the stage in dunes in the dark. Just a proper fella.
Not been following it but that would explain his low position. It sounds similar to Meoni's accident. Tragic, the speeds those top guys do is just mental, Shows you how lucky Sam was.

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
Yes I must be getting sensible in my old age because not wishing I was there, I remember the freezing cold long liasons very early in the morning this time last year in africa.
I still dream of doing it, but I'm old with a fucked back.....so if I win the lottery, full support truck and winnebago, you up for it lee? Imagine we could beat that whhheeerr whaatts up hand waving prick...

81 - 100 of 133 Posts