Registered
1,456 Posts
I wouldn't buy from a seller that doesn't know what he is selling

"Additional Features
Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Immobiliser, Security Alarm, Steering Damper"

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I thought that when Reading it, you'd have to get it fully checked over by a proper 'ktm' dealer to be safe.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I thought that when Reading it, you'd have to get it fully checked over by a proper 'ktm' dealer to be safe.

What to make sure the ABS is working? Makes you wonder why our insurance premiums are so high doesn't it? The insurance company 'Cat D' then pay the owner for a new one (£15k) sell the remains for £6k.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I know, wankers aren't they !

ABS , WTF are they on about?

Besides on closer inspection I think the only problem it has is a flat tyre ;)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I don't think even a minter with 10,000 miles on the clock is worth that anymore ;)

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I'd make an RC8 powered hillclimb bike with that. :D:scooter:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I asked to was he sure it was 10k and he said yes,but with abit of an attitude, same goes for when i asked him whats best price he can do, he relied with an attitude. So i gladlty told him with 10k on clocks its not worth anywhere near what he wants and i said i hoped he didnt pay to much for it and wished him goodluck with the sale :) lol

At min it needs a new rear wheel+tyre+left rearset+leftside panel/s+top fairing+ who knows what else.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
and the ABS obviously didnt work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I Bought it for £4,500, what a steel. it was 6,250 miles, back wheel knackered but other than that only needed left hand rear set and left hand fairing, and handlebar, all other bits were there just taken off and in a bag. mmmmm RC8R for £4.500 time to enjoy !!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi, I Bought it for £4,500, what a steel. it was 6,250 miles, back wheel knackered but other than that only needed left hand rear set and left hand fairing, and handlebar, all other bits were there just taken off and in a bag. mmmmm RC8R for £4.500 time to enjoy !!!
Thats exactly what i valued it at,how did you manage to get him down from £6k to £4.5k mate?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I made him a firm offer and at that time he said he was sick of all the calls from e bay people telling him it was to dear, he said he normally dealt in cars and did not know much about bikes. I am over the moon as have wanted one for road and track days but could not afford, nice to see that life is not always shyte.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice one,
Why hasnt he ended auction? Just says under offer? Make sure you get it mate. Send him a small deposit so you know its 100% yours.

Feels great to get a bike for a bargain doesnt it mate :)

I dropped v.v. lucky the other month on a light damaged 08 hpi clear sdr,guy had it listed on ebay with a £750 start,so called him to ask what will he take for it, expecting him to say £3-4k, he shocked me when he said he cant let it go for less then the start price, so i sent him a £250 dep right there and then via paypal, cost me £820 all in with fuel+van hire :) Youngish lad didnt have a clue, actually felt abit guilty taking it off him. Fixed and sold for £5400.

Already got my own sdr.

Gonna sell it when market picks up,hopefully early next year. Want an rc8r or rsv4, damaged repairable one though :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont know why as i had it collected Wednesday, its in my garage, you will note me looking for rear wheel on the wanted section, I can mend most things but that wheel is FUBAR !!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dont know why as i had it collected Wednesday, its in my garage, you will note me looking for rear wheel on the wanted section, I can mend most things but that wheel is FUBAR !!!!
Weird?? Thankgod for that anyway buddy.:) enjoy you got till next summer to find a wheel :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts