KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
16,425 Posts
Great video. You can see where the money goes!
I reckon if he started Dakar 5 years earlier he'd be right up there. And he is only going to get better now. I wonder he will continue for a few years. Hope so.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
He comes across as a really decent fella, interesting seeing an incredibly talented rider taking on the Dakar and feeding back so honestly.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
He comes across as a really decent fella, interesting seeing an incredibly talented rider taking on the Dakar and feeding back so honestly.
Yes seems his ribs are holding him back a bit, just hope he does not turn in to another gofundme slimey begger like him in the picture above.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Great video. You can see where the money goes!
I reckon if he started Dakar 5 years earlier he'd be right up there. And he is only going to get better now. I wonder he will continue for a few years. Hope so.
Obviously on a totally different level (one day he might be as good as me 😂 ) on this kind of event it is all about the navigation, doing your own thing is part of that, but it is difficult to go a different way than all of the tracks others have taken. Also the ability to read the terrain/dunes, the lack of shadows is a big one. you see different shades of sand and it looks like a hollow, I rember one of the leading cars in the ADDC coming up behind me and passing I saw what I thought was a hollow and thought what are you doing you are going to crash but it was fine it was just different shades of sand, he knew that clearly.

Never forget in the Sahari rally in Algeria in a big dune field, mostly sensible sized bikes and cars stranded all over the place and I am on my africa twin:rolleyes: I came over one dune and had to go through the big dip before the next dune to keep to keep some momentum, there were 2 other riders stuck on top of the next dune, gives it full beans and it starts slowing down just bogging in the very soft sand and almost came to a stop, I was a split second away from shutting off and start digging it out AGAIN when all of a sudden it just gripped (I am still on the rev limiter) the thing just shot up the face of the dune so sudden I lost my grip with my left hand and went ovet the top of the dune in a big wheely one handed, the 2 guys stuck on top of the dune must have thought how cool and that I was showing off, the trouthe is I was a totally out of control unwilling passinger who had I had the chance would have preferred to get off it in case it was a massive drop the other side. luckily for me it was not and I just grabbed the bars and carried on.
It shows I am a mud/dirt dweller from stoke on trent, I am very much out of my element in a desert, some great memories though!

I think if david knight can get a bit more comfortable with his ribs and latch on to the back of a good dune rider things will click for him but you can tell by the way he talks he can see the risks and knows things can go very bad very quickly, Stay safe!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Yes he is going very well, leading the field right now I believe. Ahh I see, I saw a referance to bee keeping on the adv rider F5 😂 some of that is so funny if you have time to follow it.
Was keeping an eye on Ross branch real down to earth character lying second but has had some issue earlier stopped for about 30 minutes but looks to be on a mission now.

41 - 60 of 123 Posts