KTM Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Anyone know what tent that is at the very start of the vid
Don't know what that one is but the best ones are what EAO team have because you can stand up in them and get changed. Were not that warm up in the Atlas mountains though never shivered so much in my life.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Looks like Toby Price has a rear tyre problem. Its a Marathon stage so he can not get any help from his team. looks like a cut in the tyre but difficult to tell, he could be on the rim tomorrow before the day is out.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
There seems to be some debate if that is allowed with this new 6 rear tyres rule.
Really? That's interesting... Yes I can see why. Stops the richest teams having a waterboy (or tyre boy) just for that.

But then there's the time honoured Dakar tradition (and rule) of helping other competitors.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Yes if you stop and help a crashed rider to check he is ok they will give you your time back, they can tell from the tracker how long you were there for. Not for a broken bike etc the sweeper truck will take care of that...well unless you are on an africa twin, they tried to pick it up with there small jib crane (I did warn them) bike stayed on the ground jib crane came down too the bike:oops:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Just watched RBTV, nope can't get a tyre off other bike. As long as the moose doesn't pop I reckon it will hold.
I doubt it, could well already have a flat spot, it has a long way to go tomorrow, typical the only day you can not change tyres.

·
Premium Member
8,200 Posts
I doubt it, could well already have a flat spot, it has a long way to go tomorrow, typical the only day you can not change tyres.
Seems ridiculous on safety grounds to me, they should at least let him put a used tyre on. Not as if he's worn it flat and will struggle.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts