KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the farce involving wankstains at Blade I finally purchased a Duke 890 R, getting delivered on Monday from Motocorsa

I’m desperately trying not to go mental on this spunking thousands on bling, but who fucking knows eh

I’ve had an R&G Tail Tidy fitted by the dealer and bought some obligatory bar end mirrors. I’ll put some tank pads on and I’ve also got a Powerparts +20mm seat to cushion my dong

The big dilemma is the exhaust, I just can’t bring myself to like the Akrapovic, I’ve tried but the can is just too big and looks poo. The AR is too loud and mating the Akrapovic headers to another can is too loud also with the lack of resonator. So it’s going to be a minimalist slip on so I can do track days on it too

Either

MIVV MK3 Carbon
Arrow Pro-Ra
AR GP1R
Some other small bean can style

Suggestions welcome, I’ve emailed Akrapovic and asked them what silly cunt they’ve got designing cans these days

I’ll be taking 12 photos on of it when it arrives for the eBay ad

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just bought a mew 890 stocker to replace my 790 commuter. Get a radiator guard and front mudguard extenda if you intent to go out in the rain and shit.oh and the tank protector patch things.

·
Administrator
10,458 Posts
Will this be your only bike now?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I thought you were going to say you’ve put yourself up for local Council elections.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
It’d have to be Akra for me.

You know they’ve done the R&D.

Not just a loud baked bean tin like most others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
KTM RC8
223 Posts
I’ll put some tank pads on and I’ve also got a Powerparts +20mm seat to cushion my dong
Is this a post op or strap on dong? We all know less than 1000cc means girls bike.

As for exhaust and track day, depending on the track you might be restricted to how loud the can is, so do you already know the dB limits of the track and slip ons?

·
Registered
17,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the slip-one mentioned fall under the required db levels. I’ve had a 10” dong since I was 9

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
I wouldn't mind a blinged up 890 cheap, 7 days after the first nice day in spring.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just can’t buy that Akrapovic it ruins the back end, I got offered a really good deal on one, literally half price but still couldn’t bring myself to buy it

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just can’t buy that Akrapovic it ruins the back end, I got offered a really good deal on one, literally half price but still couldn’t bring myself to buy it
It might not be the same for the 890 but the full Akra mapped on the 790 transforms it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UK BASED Fuel I’ve had mine several years moved it across to 3 bikes - admittedly adventure bikes GS, am I allowed to say that? About to get one fitted to the 890 Adventure.
worth a look as I know they have made one for the Duke

·
Registered
17,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Stripped some bits and put some bits on then got shouted at by the wife as I’m supposed to be resting. I think this is why us men die younger than women 😂

Anyway, tank pads and exhaust to go on then thats it’s for now, still not decided on zorst 🙄

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 20 of 41 Posts