KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
I stopped putting stickers on my bikes when I was about 18, although I did carry on using tyre pens until my early 20's.
A must have fashion accessory in MX paddock's these days along with your name on the back of your shirt, takes 10 seconds off your lap times you know! Heading the same way in enduro and even rally :rolleyes: A few rattle cans to put a Ukrainan flag on my 950 is the most effort I have ever put in to the look of my bike.

A mate used to run a repair shop for mostly off road bikes often had kids in with bikes needing cam chains, chain and sprockets, air filter, Brakes and other important mechanical stuff but no they wanted to spend there last few quid on the latest and greatest graphics kit......the way the sport has gone:(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A must have fashion accessory in MX paddock's these days along with your name on the back of your shirt, takes 10 seconds off your lap times you know! Heading the same way in enduro and even rally :rolleyes: A few rattle cans to put a Ukrainan flag on my 950 is the most effort I have ever put in to the look of my bike.

A mate used to run a repair shop for mostly off road bikes often had kids in with bikes needing cam chains, chain and sprockets, air filter, Brakes and other important mechanical stuff but no they wanted to spend there last few quid on the latest and greatest graphics kit......the way the sport has gone:(
Im 50 mate and love every aspect of motorcycling, im not into competing with anyone so its not a sport for me. I usually ride alone and love it, I also take a bit of personal pride in the appearance of my bikes, its all part of the hobby..(y)

Registered
Why would anyone want 鈥淵our name 123鈥 on a shirt? You鈥檇 look a right donkey unless that鈥檚 your actual name and your number is 123. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

I think it鈥檚 a good idea to have names on shirts. You can ID course cutters that way. If they are decent fast clean riding lads then why not have your name, no rules against it? Your riding is doing the talking. People know who鈥檚 razzed past.

MX is a super high fashion sport. You have to expect they will all find it essential to have the number of stickers/badges higher than actual hours of riding time. If Ryan Dungey or Tommy Searle started riding with a plastic bag of goldfish dangling off the bars, everyone would also do the same. It鈥檚 just how fashion, needs, marketing works. Daft if you ask me but those in a stronger place prey on people who are not all in the name of 鈥渂eing professional鈥.

A great example of this is look at the type of adverts you get on TV at certain times. Betting websites at a time people are pissed/drugged up or full on fats and sugar with their bodies crying out for more. Easier to lure them in. Put a complete nobber like Keith Lemon on the advert and you hook an even wider audience you can suck dry. He should be ashamed of himself for doing that.

If you don鈥檛 like it, you just have to ignore it. You鈥檒l never stop it as it鈥檚 what makes the world go round.

Registered
1 - 14 of 14 Posts