KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
Similar experience here, but with a cheapo lidls pressure washer ..... l was looking at it and the manager came over and proudly told me the spec was better than a karcher ..... so l googled on the phone to check and promptly bought the lidls one for about £80.

So far, it has lasted about 7yrs. Hose is a bit kinked and the case has split, but it still works.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tool chests - l recently treated myself to some teng ...... you can get a good deal if you go straight to the uk supplier (l got the lot for 1/2 price)
Me too
Love Teng stuff
Feels good and works well
Got a couple of Teng cabinets, still look like new after 15 years use

·
Registered
325 Posts
Another two pennyworth

For about 15 years I always bought Karcher pressure washers. Generally they lasted about 18 months then either the plastic pipe wore thin and kinked / cracked or the pump just failed.

About 3 years ago I got tired of replacing them and thought I'd buy a "cheapo" B&Q McAlister one. WHAT a revelation ! ..... It's MILES better. Rubber hose, better flow & pressure, Better Lance (with better Quick release system) and Better Detergent system. 1/2 the price of the Karcher equivalent.

Suffice to say, I'll never buy another Karcher.
I had a little Karcher 'domestic' pressure washer. When the hose kinked, no replacement was available. Used a 'unique' fitting so even my local hydraulic hose/tractor/digger dealers couldn't help.
I got a Spear & Jackson branded one from Argos. Better, and cheaper.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Another two pennyworth

For about 15 years I always bought Karcher pressure washers. Generally they lasted about 18 months then either the plastic pipe wore thin and kinked / cracked or the pump just failed.

About 3 years ago I got tired of replacing them and thought I'd buy a "cheapo" B&Q McAlister one. WHAT a revelation ! ..... It's MILES better. Rubber hose, better flow & pressure, Better Lance (with better Quick release system) and Better Detergent system. 1/2 the price of the Karcher equivalent.

Suffice to say, I'll never buy another Karcher.
Classic case of where a successful brand sells out. Gets it all made in China for pennies then proceeds to trade on the name until people realise it’s all gone to shit.

Hate it when they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Shocking...most of the Sheffield tool/knife industry went that way.
There's one particularly shameless knife brand that maintains an office in Sheffield so they can still brand themselves as "...of Sheffield" although everything is made in China out of monkey-metal
However, I did buy a set of Stanley woodchisels a while back, and they had 'Made in Sheffield' on each one, which was nice to see.
Interestingly, used 'Record' vices, made in Sheffield command higher prices on e-bay than their new Irwin chinese-made counterparts do.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just got myself a Teng torque wrench...would have liked a Halfords/Norbar one, but they didn't seem to do one for the small torque values.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Just got myself a Teng torque wrench...would have liked a Halfords/Norbar one, but they didn't seem to do one for the small torque values.
I have one and it's great

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Just a heads up, this seller has 1/2" Facom sockets for a really good price. Received them today (and 3/8), original Facom packaging, and they're the real deal.

·
Premium Member
8,200 Posts
Similar experience here, but with a cheapo lidls pressure washer ..... l was looking at it and the manager came over and proudly told me the spec was better than a karcher ..... so l googled on the phone to check and promptly bought the lidls one for about £80.

So far, it has lasted about 7yrs. Hose is a bit kinked and the case has split, but it still works.
I have to admit the WorkZone tools from Aldi, some have been good for the money. I looked at a chainsaw for a mate from Lidl, total cheap Chinese shite.

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
Yes, some of the hand tools are ok. I don't think l could ever trust a cheapo chainsaw - dangerous bits of kit, so they need to be reputable.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts