KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pondering for a while and may buy a new Exc 300, but not owning a 2T for over 30 years, can`t seem to make up my mind.. Can anyone help me decide??;);)

Also who`s doing the best deal at the moment??

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have a 09 exc 300 rode 4stroke most of my life but as getting a bit older then i need somthing lighter,the good thing about the 300 its power is so much like the 4stroke but better,iv had most bikes in the last 10 years and the 300 just beats them all apart from the xc300 they say is better.. bad points that i found was the e start its shit just no need to have one when the bike starts first time,so get a 08 250 casing and sling the starter,power valve pin?check see if its still a problem falling out?jetting get advice on that to,jetting settings in the ktm manual are shit to and the rec oil mix? hope this helps mate

·
Registered
347 Posts
The 300,s are excellent! try and get a ride on one it mite make up your mind! for deals and no offence to any trade forum members but Bikesport in Newcastle do very good deals ask for Gav!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 300,s are excellent! try and get a ride on one it mite make up your mind! for deals and no offence to any trade forum members but Bikesport in Newcastle do very good deals ask for Gav!
Top man.. cheers...

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I've the same bike as Marshy300. Mine is my first 2t and its taken me some time to get used to it. In the woods its quick but a reckon the 250 would be quicker. open fields i've been working on the suspension and have made some big changes, but the new 300 runs closed cartridge forks. Power on the new 300 will be the same as mine and mine used to scare me, however i'm now using full throttle and on bigger courses and more power would be good......i class myself as a novice rider.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is to replace a 4T my son mostly rides, he is the one who wants to get a 2T. I still have my excr400, which I am quite happy with, but it may be nice to have a go on a 300cc 2T as I know they are quite a different beast.

I had a look at one yesterday in my local Ktm shop... its just there waiting for me to buy it.. lol.. so watch this space as there may be a exc400 for sale soon..

I am a sportsman rider , but my son is a clubman..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts