KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRF 450 X (X5)
Minter.
Never been off-road, converted to supermoto before it left the showroom. All original panels and seat cover.Done just over 500 miles, hence the fact its a minter. Last years MOT recorded mileage was 250 - odd. It has still got plastic on the bars from new! Black SM Excel rims mounted to gold Talon hubs with gold oversized spokes (Not many of these gold spokes about im led to believe). Renthal gold o-ring chain and renthal gold sprocket. Akrapovic (not for road use) can, VERY unsociable noise levels, spits flames hehe! New stealth trail-tech speedo and the original trail tech enduro speedo which i brokeis also included. (yes, im a ham-fisted twonk). SM front fender on the bike. The new speedo still has the plastic cover on the screen and comes with a coolant sensor (very handy) tho not fitted its a very simple installation. It has front and rear axel sliders i had made (one white and one black each side)

It has the benefits of a leccy boot but tis easy to manually boot. Makes you look double 'ard when doing so.

Original can and off-road wheels included. As is the honda MX (longer) front fender.
The original off-road wheels and fender were removed from new so they are spanking and have wavy discs and OEM sprocket so its a straight swap to SM and back again.

Brand new wraparound handguards fitted sunday so now looks like a proper hooligans tool.Renthal bar pad included, removed just to fit the new speedo.

Comes with haynes manual and honda manual, Akra box +instructions + receipt (ouch), coupla new oil filters, new iridium plug and a new can of silkolene oil. All thats needed is gear oil and your set for next service. Not that it really needs one yet.

Oil changed every hundred miles, fuck knows why it aint done nuffink. Costing me too much in wd40 cleaning it all the time too...

Did i mention its a minter?

As rare as rocking horse sh!t in this condition.

I was offered £3700 for trade in on 16/8/10 so thats what im asking. The dealer was very impressed and quite frankly wanted it. As will whoever views it. The ONLY reason i didnt do a trade in is that nothing at the dealers really tickled my fancy (i was after a *Versys but changed my mind)

Amp

*Feel free to take the pi$$

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am based near barnstaple north devon. Irelands motorcycles offered me that money on any trade in.

They offered £3100 on the phone without looking at it, then i took it up there for them to view and they apologised, went away and had a chat and come back and offered me £3700. The guy said the original offer was based on a 'good one' coz they are sick of peeps bringing in their so called 'minter' offroad/SM's. This he said, is the real deal and is spot on.

The motor is still nice and tight and pulls like a train with typical honda bulletproof build quality all round. It needs nothing.

An 'ok' one of these went for £3k on evilghey jus a coupla weeks ago. No handguards/Akrapovic/SM wheels etc just a standard 450 X that had been used offroad for similar miles to mine. Came with the usual dings/marks associated with such a toy....whereas this is a minter

Cheers

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

can you confirm its road registered?
I certainly can, will have a years tax and MOT put on when its sold too (both are due to expire end of month. also will be a full MOT not just daytime)

EDIT; thought i may add, its never seen a track either, dirt or tarmac

Cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cheers,

if it's gonna have a full MOT have you the original got back light etc to fit? cant see any in the pics?

what year is it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The original back light is a small led light in the top of the rear fender. Its there but you cant see it in the pics. Both the rear fender and LED rear light are the original honda parts.

Its an X5 as stated in original ad. (2005)

Here we go, this should answer both your questions

Regards
Amp

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Humping this back to the top. :cool:

*dont worry tis always cleaned after its been humped too before anyone asks :p

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
what you px ing it against? good luck with the sale even if it ends up on the bay. good, clean, genuine bikes always to well on ebay...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was after a trade in on a versys originally but changed my mind to the fz6, then changed my mind again and again. The dealer didnt care. Nor did the other dealer that saw it (i wanted the SM950 there....which led me to post an ad here).

TBH i had no clue what i was after, all i know is its not being used as intended. Plenty of time to find summit else, in the meantime i make do with my street triple. :D

cheers

1 - 20 of 34 Posts