KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I have a depressed mode button. After a time and pushed very gently I can reset my mileage after every fuel stop.
I do however, need to reset my service interval after a small oil and and filter change. If it's pressed once or twice it then stays
depressed and prevents it going through whole process to reset the service interval.

KTM appear to have the solution by enabling the purchase of a new console at over £500.00

Do any of you on here have a better solution?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have reset the service interval now. I waited a day and then very very gently touched the mode button each time it was required. It could be a future problem it's just the gentle touch for now.

·
Registered
KTM RC8
151 Posts
The membrane has a plastic pad underneath, this then pushes on a metal pin, which then depresses a surface mounted microswitch on the PCB.

You can take apart the dash console yourself, it's just a few screws on the back, but watch out for the pins falling out. If you remove the mechanical parts and the switch is still faulty then you can solder on a replacement.

£500 might just be the cost of a new console, and may not include programming.

A replacement switch is a few quid posted.

You can reset the mileage by holding down the bar switch too.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Was going to say, I use the mode button on the left bar to reset the fuel trip. Saves having to touch the dash at all. Press and hold for a few seconds, fuel reset. Done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts