KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any issues with oil disappearing in 2010 530 champions editions. My bike now requires a full engine rebuild.

KTM originally told me were to go, but after the threat of legal action have now decided to pay half the bill but still leaves me having to pay £750.00.

My concern is were did the oil go, and, its happened once will it happen again???.

Any thought would greatly be received

Bingo

·
Registered
182 Posts
same thing happened to my mates exc300 couple of years ago.it lost all its gear oill,but so signs of leaks,we came to the conclusion,that it was dry when he bought it from new...

·
Registered
791 Posts
same thing happened to my mates exc300 couple of years ago.it lost all its gear oill,but so signs of leaks,we came to the conclusion,that it was dry when he bought it from new...
Sure seems like the problem.. How long did the bike run for befor it went `Bang`?? if there was a leak surely you would have seen it?? Maybe some of the KTM guru`s on here will have a better idea. I certainley would not be happy at all if it happened to me..

It is quite typical that once legal action is mentioned , things start to happen with a positive solution..

Good luck , keep us posted

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike is 6 months old, 40 hours use oil changed every 10 hours using pro 4 oil at £46 for 4 litres,

It's already had a cam due to starting problems from day one, which did improve a little after the cam but not cured. I can't help think the bike was stared on Friday and finished Monday by a seriously hungover a Austrian.

Although I'm pissed about the cost, it's not to bad, just concerned as to were the oil went and the probability it could happen again

bingo

·
Registered
109 Posts
Currently in the middle of trying to sort an issue with an oil burner of a 250f, the owner was told the amount of oil consumption was normal, first tear down at 40 hours reveals the cylinder was originally honed to .028 above the maximum allowed by their own specs, piston was like a dick in a bucket, ring gap of 3mm, how it never siezed i dont know, waiting to hear back from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts