KTM Owners Forum banner

Discounts - it’s started

5K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  leeexc 
#1 ·
£1000 off EXC and 690’s now being advertised yesterday now showrooms have officially reopened

Is there more to come .....!!!

#2 ·
You bet your ass there’s more to come. This is just to entice people back into the shops. Give it a little linger and a further drop is to be expected. KTM won’t have sold many at all so far. Their whole supply chain must be rammed- dealers are still trying to shift 19s!

For those looking for deals, I’d wait.

#5 ·
Depends how much lower you think they can go Vs having a bike now and getting out on it, my guess would be they are not likely to drop a whole lot more than that, but who knows?

If you need it / really want it then buy it, if your only buying cos its cheap and not too bothered then wait. What you don't want to do is miss a great deal on the assumption there will be a better one along soon, if missing this deal won't annoy you then nothing to lose.

#7 ·
In fairness lee the Chinese pit bike will probably have some higher quality parts, some of which made in the same factory. The only thing KTM have at the moment is perceived perception of them being the best and the quality and design of RFS era bikes. Before that they weren’t great, now we are heading back to mediocre quality bikes at best but at top dollar due to brand power.

#18 ·
If they want to sell bikes with dodgy cheaply made parts and the worst suspension out there, they need to do something.

Even Rieju (former Gas Gas) models come with decent suspension. It’s not hard for KtM to sort this out.

#19 ·
Anyone actually rode a 20 in anger ?
the sussies sprung correctly are the best to date very capable its true they’re not kayaba

#20 ·
Sherco prices remain as was. Team blue must be confident. The sherco factory models look very good on paper and sTUMO's post on them a few months ago still makes me think that they are worth a look.

My only experience of Sherco is through trials (hence l have a gasgas trially ;-) ....... ), but after riding a gasgas enduro l didnt like it ...... so have Sherco really upped their game in the enduro bike market?

#27 ·
For me 7 grand is still poor value for something I will ride for 2 hours a week, spend 2 hours fixing and god knows how much time driving . I've an oset electric trials bike that I ride for at least an hour every day, no maintenance and no driving. Next bike I buy will be an electric motion epure race trials bike with a mechanical clutch.

#30 ·
Well going by the amount of clueless all the gear and no idea people (can not really call them riders) on shiney new ktm's at baden hall yesterday they must have shifted a few, don't get me wrong I was like a fish out of water and wobbling all over the place and soon out of puff but ktm's only department they are putting any effort in, the marketing department are doing a decent job of selling crap for good money.
I bet half these people are road riders who have thought how hard can off road be, then gone to the ktm dealer bought a brand new (because social media think they are cool:rolleyes:) bike on the never never and will be back at the dealers monday morning (if they can walk by then) asking what will you give me for this.😀

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.