KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Highest mileage SDR I’ve seen is 96k, tracked, commuted and abused. No issues other than consumables being used, oil pump eventually went and lunched it

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Turbo Bandit and Busa street fighter.😂🤮
And you’re worrying about a locking fuel cap and keyless ignition. Two things I’ve never heard an issue with, besides not locking it properly.
Please click on the paper clip above and post pics of the 3 most powerful bikes in history.
If you can organise a turbo on a bike, you can do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Please stop ;)
some geezer in the states reckons that he has put large numbers on a gen 1 GT, but he is on the faceache 1290GT forum, mines just had 40k service, but i have repaired/replaced both ends suspension, side stand switch and lots of consumables.... apparently its called character, however i wouldnt change it ...and as far as any difference in performance to the SDR, Koopz an i tried to find a differance and couldnt, even switching riders.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
I was responding to Billpc's random photo's surms.

My problem with the GT is the same stumbling block I had with SM-T's . . . the looks. Both are arguably the best road bike of their time that KTM make/made, but I'm just too God damn cool and handsome to own one. Been tempted though as my looks fade and I drift through the oblivion that is middle age. 😜

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I was responding to Billpc's random photo's surms.

My problem with the GT is the same stumbling block I had with SM-T's . . . the looks. Both are arguably the best road bike of their time that KTM make/made, but I'm just too God damn cool and handsome to own one. Been tempted though as my looks fade and I drift through the oblivion that is middle age. 😜
Hahahahaha having been through that dilemma, and middle age and then into senior citizenship, looks... don't play too much of a part in choice, however having owned my 950adv since 2003, and when it came out it was considered ugly, then it became a classic..go figure

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't worry Stu, it's just a bit of fun. Every thread on here is talking shit about something else by the 2nd page.
Don't worry Stu, it's just a bit of fun. Every thread on here is talking shit about something else by the 2nd page.
Yeah, your right, it is a bit of fun..... old Billy turbo makes me laugh!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts