KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first go at changing a rear tyre at the weekend, all seemed to be going well until i came to put some air in......punctured the tube in 5, yes 5 places anyone beat that....!!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Put a lil air in the tube before levering the tyre on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just tried to change my first front tire, tried being the word got noware. what tyre leavers do people on here recomend as mine are worse than useless

·
Premium Member
31,545 Posts
No longer than 6". If you need longer than that you are not pushing the other side of the tyre into the well of the rim.

·
Registered
151 Posts
wish i could change em as easy as the guy in that clip.i dont puncture the tubes but getting a new tyre on the rim takes me an age and loads of skinned knuckles

·
Registered
973 Posts
Haha my friend bought a new innertube and hefitted it there was a puncture. Tthree times he had it off and on untill i took over, i was in stiches.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the way to stop nipping the tube as per above quote a little bit of air so tube takes shape then when using tyre leavers from flat raise to vertical only!!! dont not try and push tyre on to rim. when you lever past this point you nip the tube against the rim.

daz

·
Registered
316 Posts
For a nice set of levers I like Buzzeti ones, I used to use a small set on the trail before mousses and a larger set in the garage. Redline at Loughborough, Leics, keep them in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts