KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, If the bike (2015 SDR) is on the side stand, will I lose oil if I remove the clutch cover? Does the cover have a paper gasket or rubber seal?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You won't lose much with the bike on the sidestand.

but there will be some inside the cover, so be prepared to catch that.

a good tip is to run the wheels onto a plank of wood and then the bike will lean over a bit further on the stand - obviously be careful doing this!

the cover gasket is a rubber seal ring and can be reused if undamaged. I checked the clutch bolts on my RC8R last year and bought a new gasket just in case (about a fiver from Ktm) but didn't need it, the one in there was fine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't stand Abba. BeeGees were ok though.

I've got something like an Abba stand, just a bit more industrial. Haven't tried it on the KTM yet, but it looks like it'll work with the swingarm axle.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Turn the bars full lock.... Put a rag round the bar end, click it into gear, position it about 3 foot away from a wall and lean it over with the bars turned away from the wall..... I can normally get a bike to a 50 degree lean and not loose any oil...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can't stand Abba. BeeGees were ok though.

I've got something like an Abba stand, just a bit more industrial. Haven't tried it on the KTM yet, but it looks like it'll work with the swingarm axle.
You want the bike to be leaning over to the left, not vertical, or it will be a Tragedy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts