KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2020 ktm500 six days and I’d like a bit more bark from the exhaust so thinking about getting a new muffler but would I have to remap the bike if I did this ? Not to fussed about extra performance as she barks anyway but just want it to sound a bit more knarly
Any suggestions welcome
Thanks
Matt

·
Administrator
9,161 Posts
If its just the end can then you don't need to remap it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which end can has better exhaust tone then fmf 4.1 or akropovic? Would an end can make it noticeably louder or nicer sounding?

·
Administrator
9,161 Posts
FMF is quite loud, I had one on my 350.

·
Administrator
9,161 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
You could fit a Vortex or GET ECU. Both FMF and Akrapovic will be louder, remove baffles and then you‘re a hooligan. The biggest benefit of the Akra is the weight reduction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could fit a Vortex or GET ECU. Both FMF and Akrapovic will be louder, remove baffles and then you‘re a hooligan. The biggest benefit of the Akra is the weight reduction.
Thanks mate for the input I don’t necessarily wanna be loud as **** but justvv bc think the stock exhaust doesn’t do the beast justice! Have heard the vortex is amazing but as I say not really after more power I can pop wheelie in 5th gear already plenty power for me just want a deeper/louder exhaust note
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts