KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a Doberman Performance end can to their 1050/1090/1190/1290:cool: Adventure. Looks good and looks good value, just asking before I pull the trigger!!!.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cav, no buying direct from their website. Payment is in US$ . Sent them an email and they will deliver to UK, just waiting on a price on the shipping.
Have a look at the youtube video, looks and sounds good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Theres another company called Vandemon in Australia, looks very similar as does the Tekmo one from Rottweiler.
Guess it all comes down to price

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Cav, no buying direct from their website. Payment is in US$ . Sent them an email and they will deliver to UK, just waiting on a price on the shipping.
you will be charged import duties too on top of their shipping fees & they can be significant from memory.

·
Registered
841 Posts
you will be charged import duties too on top of their shipping fees & they can be significant from memory.
You can work out what they'll be if you know what commodity code will be used to ship the can and all the shipping fees (export snd import). It's the UK import code that dictates the duty and vat rates...these should be based on the export from US code, but from experience through logistics at work the staff at importing agents are a bunch of fuck wits who just choose a vaguely correct code, or sometimes any old code, even if they been told what to use.

The codes and percentages of vat and duty are all here... https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/sections

Sorry, I know this is boring as fuck

·
Premium Member
6,615 Posts
Ask if they will send as a gift. That recently worked for me importing a bash plate.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Theres another company called Vandemon in Australia, looks very similar as does the Tekmo one from Rottweiler.
Guess it all comes down to price
Nice looking kit and impressive power claims. Not a bad price either when you take the exchange rate into account. Depending on the import charges..

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ask if they will send as a gift. That recently worked for me importing a bash plate.
It’s illegal to do that their end hence why it’s rare they’ll do it,i’ve Only ever found one guy who would help and he Wrote ‘Warranty replacement’ and it worked.

But nice headers phewww I do like those.

I’ve recently bought a MotoHooligan filter but it’s coming back via hand luggage.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Add another 23% at least and you’ll be about right.

·
Registered
628 Posts
They're made in Denmark, so should carry no VAT or Duty, but there might be a "handling fee" added by whoever handles them in the UK.

You can change the currency on their website as well...

Ti headers look fucking amazing, but I don't have 600 quid lying about. Bastard!

EDIT - those other brands mentioned earlier - they all look like the exact same product. I wonder who the original manufacturer is?

·
Registered
841 Posts
They're made in Denmark, so should carry no VAT or Duty, but there might be a "handling fee" added by whoever handles them in the UK.

Ti headers look fucking amazing, but I don't have 600 quid lying about. Bastard!

EDIT - those other brands mentioned earlier - they all look like the exact same product. I wonder who the original manufacturer is?
Wing Wong Quality Exhaust Co, Shanghai

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Just hope they don’t do headers for the 1290r or GT cuz it could get expensive.....:D

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
You can't just have the headers. You know you can't. You have to get the can as well and it has to be titanium. £1200 + shipping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve already got an SC Project titanium can, just need to decide on an air filter then it’s going in for a remap. Not after ultimate power. Just a nice throttle will do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I might end up being a minge bag and just getting the original cat gutted. £120 vs £580. I’ll start another thread to keep this one on topic though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts