KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the KTM thing after buying an 03 660 SMC from this site. Oh, and a note to the guy who sold it to me, you're a wanker, you failed to mention that you'd stripped the thread from the SUMP when you serviced it, tosser.
Anyhoo, the electrics, head light works, tail light works, horm works. However, indicators dont unless you rev the tits off it, and when they do work its very sporadic, flash, stop...................flash flash stop..........etc The warning lights for high beam and indicators dont work and the speedo comes and goes all the time. Any ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unlucky with the 'unmentioned personality' of your new bike! I've been in the same shoes and am still feeling it!
I think if you want to solve these problems out yourself, its going to be best to bust out a multimeter and learn whats actually going on.
There are electrical diagrams somewhere on t'internet (I'm now looking for you). Think yourself lucky you have a 660 though, They have significantly simpler elecrical systems.
Its worth just taking the plastics off and the tank, and just make sure theres nothing shorting onto the frame.
The warning lights on my 625 have been shite from day one. Constantly blowing, I dont use them anymore.
When you say the 'speedo comes and goes' Is it the digital display? Does it completely cut out and restart? Or just go to zero?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me on this one. Its the digital type. The screen goes blank, it resets itself, and fires up again with the speed, then goes, then comes back etc. Wonder if its linked to the power supply to the indicators LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts