KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORRY. TITLE was supposed to be does XC have same loom as EXC?? Just picked up a 200 xc which is road reg, and has headlight and tail light fitted.

The headlight only works on full beam, and no brake light.

I would like to be able to switch headlight between main and dipped beam, and also add a brake light switch, and if poss a horn!!

So is the xc have the same loom as a exc, or is it a real pain in the are to get all the above working.

Looking to do the Haffren rally, and all the above needs to be working, or will the organizers still not allow a xc to race. It does say no converted crossers!!!!!!!

Any help on how to get the above working, much appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bring it round and we can check it against mine. Most of the loom is behind the headlight or under the tank.Did you get any manuals with it as I've got the wiring loom pictures for my model.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mike,

Thats the beauty of such a common bike!! Ha Ha.

I am out with 3 million kids this morning!!! will pop round when i get chance.

P.S

Have you seen the regs for Haffren?? Dont think my bike will be eligible.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
this ones easy, and NO the dont have the same loom.

The XC have an electric start loom with the ability to add power to the lights for on off thats it no brakes lights or anything esle. The EXC loom is a full lighting loom and there £68 i just did my 250 xc which i've just taken off and going to fit to an 250 xc-f to give me full lights

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brokenlegs

So the headlight and Tail light are powered from the starter part of the loom on the XC?

I take it its easier to change the loom to EXC spec than try to upgrade the XC loom??

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
converted my 200xc ages ago, just bought an exc loom,f+r brake switches, horn/lights/cutout switch,horn,condensator(to power horn,£50+ from ktm,£8 ebay..bonus),£10 bike speedo,£2 magnetic pulse switch.
Everything is plug and play,all the connectors will only go one way, you cant go wrong!!
All up about £130 , fully road legal... happy days..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts