KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been mentioned befor, and I have tried to do a search, but cant find anything.

Does anyone use a Trials bike for Trail riding and the odd REDS day.

I know the seat is no existent, but some have a "long" seat option.

Just after feed back from those that have used one on the trails, they look like a bit of a laugh!!

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yep - a mate of mine used to ride a Montesa with an extended fuel tank built into and a seat. Was good for trail riding and obviously useful for the technical bits. You'd want some serious bar risers or higher bars for comfort through the day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have done a bit. For technical going they would be great i recon. I have done some of our technical lanes on my trials bike and it is much easier obviously. As for tank range there is a number plate reserve tank that you can get. Not sure where from but I have seen them on other bikes.

·
Premium Member
31,428 Posts
I have done a bit. For technical going they would be great i recon. I have done some of our technical lanes on my trials bike and it is much easier obviously. As for tank range there is a number plate reserve tank that you can get. Not sure where from but I have seen them on other bikes.
Acerbis. They do several sizes. It connects to your tank breather and sucks fuel into the main tank as you ride. Very clever ;)

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
i think they would be fun too...road legal gasgas280:smokin:.accerbis make a fuel tank that fits on the front where your number or light would normally go......and you could carry 2 liter bottles in your backpack, i would'nt worry about the seat.just stand up.:cool: scorpa make one with a yam engine that is a bit more road going,they also do a long ride kite for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts