KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It promises increase of 6-7Horses in combi with enchanged engine mapping & use of a KN air filter.
I'm in doubt.
Would like to test it though :dozey:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Changing the Airbox and map alone would give a few more ponies. I'm not sure the stacks will do much. A couple of guys on SD.net have been trying for ages to get a set of custom stacks to release more power, despite varying reports they don't appear to make much difference.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed mapping already, more air needed...or cooler air.

·
Registered
663 Posts
In principle shorter and wider air intaktes can offer improvements.
Question is if the airbox of the rc8 will be capable of offering improvements?
Maybe the 2nd cylinder will get more air with the lower intakes?
Someone on here tried the Rottweiler System, but how to get the airbox sealed by using the tank as an airboxcover?!?
But the bhp improvement they promise is based on a proper mapping and has nothing to do with the fancy rings!

As for the bling, only the air filter will be able to tell you how cool they look...

·
Registered
19,863 Posts
Dont mess with the stacks, yes they are bling, but you cant see them! Thats like a diamond stud in ya knobend.
We all know for a fact that nothing gives you more horsepower other than an exhaust and a proper tune. Unless you do real mods. Which is opening up the engine.
It is what it is.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Got the sealed CPR system on my track bike and it absolutely works very well, 102ft lbs of torque and smooth as ya like curve, 174 hp at the wheel.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts